New Map: co_jester_v2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Map: co_jester_v2

I've added co_jester_v2 to the server. Like any new map, it will be added to the rotation only due to popular demand.

OP8, please accept my apologies for the way I managed your effort to get this map to us. I misunderstood the circumstances of your original shouldbeenaPM thread, and, to make matters worse, it took me more than twice as long as I said it would to get the map on the server. I could have handled that with far more grace than I did. If I had that whole response to do over again, I would.

I appreciate the effort you put into designing and building these maps. Thank you.

Guys, please use this thread to offer OP8 feedback about the map, which will download for you automatically (and quickly) when you connect to the server.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: New Map: co_jester_v2

The map on the server is bugged, works just fine on my local machine.

There a big pit in the middle, should be a elevator.
    You need to reload the map between rounds.
    Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

Thank you, and apology accepted. We all have our "off" moments. I was begining to get somewhat stressed over this because In the near future I will be losing my internet connection as well as my place to live for an undeterminable amout of time. Nothing like never getting to see your work put to use... My mother will probably lose her house to the bank in this devorce and has told everyone else that lives here to find some other place to go and will be shutting off the power/phone/cable/etc. here in the next 2 weeks or so. I am somewhat paniced as to where I'm gonna go, But I'll figure something out. It is a shocking curcumstance for all of us. Any way, I'm not out yet and I'll be back online eventually so everyone play jester_v2 a few rounds and let me know if there needs to be a V3. I'll leave it up to you guys as to if this is the final version.

In other news, the status on the other NS mode maps I'm working on right now are as follows:

NS_collider- is 99 percent finished but on hold due to some ambient sound glitches that I'm having trouble with. For some reason the map refuses to play the sounds and is just not right without any atmospheric noises. If you guys wanna try a beta of it and can live with a map with no ambient sounds, I'll hand it over as a work in progress.

NS_dana- The interstellar Needlecast station. (read the "altered carbon" series of books) This map is 60% finished and work is slow and occasional because I have to be in the right mood to work on the drastic architecture I chose for this map. It's just a tough one to build because of the shape of some of the rooms...- I finally got the black hole focusing machine to work right though, which is badass.

NS_master- 80% completed and counting- I've been working on this one 5-10 hours a day for the last 3 weeks trying to get it done as fast as possible. Its a sweet map that has all three hives excatly equal distance from each other and from marine start. The overhead view resembles a huge radiation symbal with the hives at the ends of the spokes and the MS in the center. This map has a few "Jester" like twists like the MS elevators providing a single, alternating short travel "panic routes" to one hive at a time without closing off the rest of the map. It also has THREE DOUBLE NODE areas equadistant between the MS and the hives that only open after 15-19 semi random minutes of gameplay. This gives both teams a brief period to reinvent themselves mid-late game, or just to push the scale over on stalemate games. All three of these areas are out of the way from both teams and are difficult for either team to fortify unless the team already controls that specific 66% segment of the map. This should be a near perfect captains game map.

Yeah... thats the bulk of it. I'll be looking foreward to seeing you all in game till I lose my place.
      Happy hunting, And in jester_v2, look for blinking red lights! some are easy, and some are not. lol...
      OP8
      _________
      <OP8-322>
      %#^^^#%

Comment

In JesterV2, you Can. Not. Fight. In. The. Hive. without a jetpack. I understand there is a tricky balance between making a hive room where Jetpacks (and lerks and maybe fades) are overpowered and a hiveroom where everything else is underpowered, but it's REALLY frustrating trying to fight in that room if you can't fly.

It's also kind of annoying to sneak into the hive room trying to grab some experience and discover that the hive is completely walled off.

In the late game of any CO map, very few aliens ever die. The only reliable source of xp for marines at that point is hive damage, which is extremely difficult to pull off on Jester.

Comment

What's up with the giant pit? Although I'll admit it was funny picking off marines that got trapped down there.
          Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
          Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Uhm... the pit is news to me- I can't reproduce it either- Possibly a difference in entity processing between dedicated and listen server? I'm baffled by this one. I havnt played it on the server yet So I can't say. Like has been mentioned earlier, This error doesnt seem to happen on local server mode. I'll see what I can find out. I have a suspision one entity needs to be moved out of geometry conflict with the platform. Like I said though, I can't reproduce this error.
            Kero- The hive is ALWAYS open on at least one of the three sides. The front petal is on one controller and the two side petals share a controller with a toggle and opposed start positions.
            This was done to slightly lessen the ability to camp from just one place. If the hive is closed to you, walk to the other side. it's only like 15 steps. Or- get up on the ledge and you can get to all 3 sides in like 5 steps either way.
            _________
            <OP8-322>
            %#^^^#%

Comment

Well, I flew through the room with a JP once, and the 2 sides I could see were closed, so I flew around to the other side, and that was closed too. I suppose they could have been switching while I was flying around though...

Comment

OP8 - I'm truly sorry to hear about your family situation. I reciently went through my parents divorce, and while they've managed to financially keep it mostly togeather, there were a few months (since november basically) that I really had no clue where, or how, I would be living. Not very many people understand what happens to the children in a divorce; children at any age. (I'm 21). Keep your chin up, try to wake up every morning with a smile, and try to keep yourself out of the actual divorce as much as you can. It should help your mental stability. Keep me posted on how your doing, and if you live anywhere neer toronto canada, I have quite a few friends here with open places at any financial level.

Having said that.

I havn't had a chance to play jester just quite yet, but I have seen an older version of it on teh server, and I can't wait to check it out.

I'm all flustry over playing this Ns_Master your speaking about. I would absolutly love to help out anyway I can (while I've never made a map, I'm a quick learn, and a decient programmer). It sounds like something I could see being adopted by flayra and moved into the normal NS non-custom map rotation. I'm 100% sure that even now as I'm practically salivating over the idea's of how it'll work, it will exceed my expectations significantly.

Good luck buddy, and Godspeed.
                Ambriento for comm! Vote today!

Comment

The only reason I'm not commenting on the divorce is because I have absolutely no useful comment to make. I've never seen one up close myself, so I can't say anything but "good luck, and god speed." Hope thats enough for ya, OP8.

Comment

I can sympathize, my parents divorced. There really isn't a whole lot to say. It sucks. I wish the best to you in this hard time and hope you have faith that things will get better in time. The only thing that kept me sane was having friends I could rely on and talk to, I hope you have people like that.

Comment

The divorce isnt actually the "bad" of it. Cause I'm almost glad to see him go. He's a drunk and he and I have almost gotten into fist fights before. The difficult issue is that all my mothers mortgage and house payments are in his name and since the house is under construction, the bank won't give her a loan to get it all into her name. She's losing a 1/2 million dollar piece of property and all she's got to the bank becaue my drunk ass dad has spent all the money for the mortgage on drinking. -and there's nothing she can do about it. Thats where the "suck" factor really lies.
                      I appreciate that you all are so supportive even for a random guy you'll likely never meet in real life.
                      Pulling my head out of it though, This is an NS forum and I'm gonna try to keep my own personal issues out of it.

NS related- I "think I know whats wrong with the platform in Jester_V2 and have reworked the suspected entity. I will run a compile tonight and we can see if it's fixed tommorow. This might require a little tweaking because as mentioned earlier, This server is the only place that glitch happens and I cant reproduce it on my machine. I will do everything I can to fix it though cause the map just isnt right without that elevator. Have there been any other bugs that people have found? Do there need to be any more lights places that still preserve the atmosphere of the place? I'd like to catch as many things as possible before I do a major final compile.
                      Thx guys.
                      _________
                      <OP8-322>
                      %#^^^#%

Comment

Maybe the server has a bad source? Delete and reinstall the map perhaps?
                        USAR

Comment

Do you usually save your map as a .rmf and then have hammer save it as a .map? I have found some random problems fix themselves if I just put on texture lock, select all, and paste the map directly into a .map file. It's a real pain if you plan on editing the map further though.

If nothing else works that might. Would be a shame to waste the time compiling though.

Comment

Uhm... I don't use hammer at all. I build all my stuff with GTK- a modified Q3a editor. It builds directly in map format with no rmf and no decimal rounding like hammer. I know that isn't the problem.
                            _________
                            <OP8-322>
                            %#^^^#%

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse