sad games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sad games

just played a game on marines, relocated to ore extraction, had all the nodes on the map except bio and vent.
    Game was going fine, the part that made me sad was not the fact the beacon that was done by comm to kill the fade, but the fact no effort was made by almost the whole team except myself to get back to ore, which i did, CC was still up so was Armory, no reloc to Marine start was attempted, with 4 nodes on the map.

Instead everyone decided to die, or jump off the ladder in doubles or get killed by elevator.

Fellas, I understand that idea of this community is to have fun with people that have simillar interests in gaming, but the fact how that game went was unsatisfying when almost all of the marines including comm went with "screw it" approach.

Re: sad games

Enable change, Turbinator.

There's a problematic trend, across all of Tactical Gamer. "Trend" isn't even the right word, as it's been here for a LONG TIME, across every title that has any sort of a sizable group playing it: you have a crappy game, and you complain generally, and you never talk privately to the person (or persons) whose actions made it "crappy."

This builds up over time, often without even as much effort toward resolution as this thread represents, until the admins get complaints that "things" are "crappy," or that the server itself isn't "what it used to be."

I'm not on a pedestal here. I've been the guy generally complaining before. I've been that guy.

Turb (and anyone else who experiences frustrations that feel the same as Turb's, where "good" went to "crappy"), PM the person or persons who managed things differently than you think they should have been managed. Or address them here, publicly, in this thread, by name, if you think it's appropriate and you can be polite and civil in doing so (and you think they'll reply in kind, as they're called to).

(That "if" is in red because it is a BIG "if." I recommend PM, but I'll leave that call to you guys unless and until people get inflammatory in a public thread.)

Whatever the details, communication, between two parties (not one. not thirty.), is what I see solving this problem, which is and will be forever a dynamic of online gaming.

Talk it through in this thread. Fine. Great, even. Or take it to PM. Either way. But, if after all that, all the folks originally involved aren't significantly less likely to "miss each other" in the future, then it's all for nothing, and that's just no good.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Re: sad games

I'll say another thing, thought this is more obvious than my first post.

If you can't work it out with the player(s) you were dissatisfied with, let an admin know privately. Even if it's not appropriate for admins to do anything about it right now (not all incidents justify admin intervention), letting an admin know what's happened enables them to see patterns as quickly as possible. That is, if the norm, not the exception, is players giving admins private feedback about what displeasures are happening when, the admins are better enabled to identify which players and dynamics are common to those displeasures.

This, in turn, enables the admins to manage those players and dynamics behind the scenes. If everything goes REALLY WELL, those very players and dynamics are changed without everyone else even noticing. It just becomes the case, over time, that problems the server used to have suddenly... don't happen anymore.

Plus, it gets it off your chest. It makes you feel like you've done SOMETHING about that which displeased you.

Again.. communication helps and/or solves.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X