• Show
Clear All

• NS Combat structure health plugin

http://www.modns.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=262&st=0&#entry1868

Do we want this?

Thoughts?

Wyzcrak
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

I say go for it. If we dont like it, we can always remove it.

Comment

Originally posted by _Ender_
      I say go for it. If we dont like it, we can always remove it.
      ba da ba da da i'm lovin' it

Comment

I think it provides too much information. You could guess the number of players/weapons attacking a hive by the rate of health loss. Similarly, if one skulk attacked the CC, killed the commander when he jumped out, then 3 hiding skulks joined in on the CC, the marines would instantly know that there was serious trouble at base, instead of "This is the comm, it's just one skulk. I'll finish him when I spawn. Keep on your tasks."
        "Hardly used" will not fetch a better price for your brain.

Comment

actually it disables itself in classic, if you didnt know combat has no comm :)

Comment

I wanted this plugin, but verbose has convinced me otherwise.

If "The comm chair is under attack" comes over my ears, the fun is not knowing what's ON the comm chair. The same could be said about the hive.

I vote against this plugin.

Wyzcrak
            Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
              I vote against this plugin.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

a. It's a Combat-only plugin. The comm situation won't happen.

b. I don't want it either. The aliens already have relatively easy access to that information, but marines can't know what the hive's health is at all and I don't think they need to. Maybe when the crappy hive healing is addressed this will be usable but until then absolutely not.

Comment

Thumbs down for this plugin

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Polska
                    Thumbs down for this plugin

Comment

Psi makes a point.. it wont really change anything. I do think it would be better if it just showed the hive for the aliens and the CC for the marines but..

Comment

The extra information facilitates tactical descisions rather than just guessing or playing it safe. You can choose to risk your death and damage to your own hive/cc in order to destroy the enemy cc/hive and win the game.

I would not endorse it in classic as suprise attacks are an important tactic, but they are not at all in combat. As said above, it is disabled by default in classic.
                        Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X