Just your average morning game of NS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just your average morning game of NS

The map is ns_eclipse and it's 2v2. I'm on marine team and I relocate near the alien hive. 2 minutes into the game OC's are everywhere and needless to say we lose. My teammate then calls me and idiot and blames the loss on my relocation. LOL

Re: Just your average morning game of NS

Only problem with small NS games is that you have to be very aggressive early on. Either get a two hive lockdown, or kill all their nodes very quickly while locking down 2 hives.
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Simplified: Do X, or do Y while you do X.

So... uhhh... do X. :)
      [volun2]
      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Giving any damn whatsoever about a 2v2 game of NS is a recipe for pain.
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Basically, you cant call a 2v2 game "average", by any stretch of the imagination. It can still be a very interesting game, but you have to approach it with a whole new strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface
            Simplified: Do X, or do Y while you do X.

So... uhhh... do X. :)
            That has got to be the best quote evar!!!

Oh, and on topic, I would have blamed everything on you too. It's ALL your fault, always. :row__523:
            birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

In a 2v2 game, both teams are suprisingly weak and open to attack in the beginning. If we had more rushes they would end very fast.

By nature it's easier for marines to rush successfully than aliens. As long as one marine is out there they can relocate, and in such a small game it's not that bad of an idea anyway.

Once the marines get up a few good sieges, and you can probably electrify in the amount of time it takes to build the first two if you have the res to waste, it could easily finish off the aliens. In 2v2 you probably will only get one alien responding for more than half the time it will take you. (there is almost always a gorge that won't make it over for a while).

Likewise if aliens had one person rush to lerk or fade (other player drops an RT), even without celerity or other upgrades you could probably dominate for a good while before they get you if you gas them, play it safe. You will likely only be facing one marine at a time, and if your fighting two of them then your probably in thier base and they can't relocate so you might win the game right there.

It's only a long drawn out res war if you give it time to turn into that.

Comment

As marines, I recommend trying to block off nodes near where they spawn at the start, thus preventing them from having a good income early on

Chewy: i was paraphrasomg
                [19:01] Chewy: KAMER |
                [19:01] Chewy: i love you | Drake_Anra : I only have a problem when Kamer talks... /// Chewy : That's very much a universal problem, Drake. :D

Comment

In a 2v2 I'd say the best strategy is to hand your marine a shotty, hope he can aim, send him to the hive and pray he can siege it out before they notice. Once the second hive starts going up it's a slippery slope of res gain on the part of the aliens until the map is completely littered with OCs. If an aliens go Fade or Onos, game over.

Comment

I really don't see why you would even bother playing NS with so little people. The game was designed for a larger amount of people. I've never had a good time in a small NS game unless both teams are just joking around and not really playing.

Comment

Meanwhile, I've never quite understood the people who claim to have a better time playing a 2v2 CO game than a 2v2 NS game. CO was also designed for more people, and gets really boring real fast with less than about 6 people. Small NS may be a very different game than large NS, but it still beats out combat.

Comment

2v2 NS provides more possibilities for an incredibly-imbalanced competition becoming incredibly drawn out without either side being an inconsiderate ass.

In CO, once things get too unbalanced, the game typically ends "faster" unless the victor wants to be an ass about it and drag it out.
                        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Hmmm. I may have to concede that one. I still think that the first 5 or 6 minutes of a small NS game are very strategically interesting, but I'll grant that if they aren't handled just right, the game can be decided quickly but take forever to play out.

Comment

Originally posted by dudewithagun
                            The map is ns_eclipse and it's 2v2. I'm on marine team and I relocate near the alien hive. 2 minutes into the game OC's are everywhere and needless to say we lose. My teammate then calls me and idiot and blames the loss on my relocation. LOL

hehe, forget about it.

Something tells me that guy was not one of regulars :P

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X