new command: sm_chat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new command: sm_chat

I've added sm_chat to the list of commands available to Supporting Members on TGNS.

https://www.tacticalgamer.com/node/10623

sm_chat allows Supporting Members to talk with each other. You can bind it to a single key (bind "x" "messagemode sm_chat"), so using it is identical to how you use normal chat.

Now, allow me to state the OBVIOUS: this is not to be used to discuss game information. No "we're ready for you guys to come end this." No "the last guy is hiding in the vent." No "holy crap our second hive is soooo late." Whatever of that kind of stuff that might be fair game should be communicated in normal chat.

sm_chat is for Supporting Members to communicate about solving problems, especially to help make the temp admin program more useful. If you're an SM, and you have a need for temp admin rights, and the SM who has temp admin wants nothing to do with it, then use sm_chat to ask them to transfer temp admin to you.

sm_chat can be used by a temp admin to consult with other Supporting Members about how best (or "whether", even) to manage an unruly guest using his temp admin rights.

There are plenty of other uses for this, too. Complementing temp admin isn't it's only value.. that's just what comes to mind first. You guys can come up with other legitimate and helpful uses for it, I'm sure.

But understand that this is here to help the SERVER, not so much to entertain YOU. Do use it responsibly. If it's abused, it'll go away.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: new command: sm_chat

Oh, I thought this would let TGNS people interested in S&M be able to talk with eachother on a private channel...another dream crushed by a misleading thread title...and wyzcrak...
    -Zephyr
    You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
    We are not a single game.
    We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
    We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

Re: new command: sm_chat

Originally posted by Zephyr
      Oh, I thought this would let TGNS people interested in S&M be able to talk with eachother on a private channel...another dream crushed by a misleading thread title...and wyzcrak...
      -Zephyr

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/server-wish-list/

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...