• Show
Clear All

• Your system has been modified

anyone know the solution?

http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemails

404ed!

This may have something to do with it:

http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=news&id=107637996028948300

Did you notice that Steam client updated? Your icon had a dotted connection line on it.

I have a feeling we're updated and the server isn't. Hopefully it just means you have to restart the server.

--Shroom
    -- Shroom
    I tried smoking mushrooms once. Couldn't keep the pizza lit.

Comment

I've restarted the server, but it doesn't seem to have helped. I'm working this currently. Please share potentially helpful information.

Wyzcrak
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

well if you stopped cheating you wouldnt have that problem :)

Comment

Originally posted by _Ender_
          well if you stopped cheating you wouldnt have that problem :)
          oops :oops:

Comment

Funny you should mention that. I've disabled Cheating Death, and the problem has gone away. I'll wait for the upgraded server-side CD install from United Admins, which I'm sure will fix the problem soon.

Wyzcrak

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Please share potentially helpful information.
              ANY coupon in the world gives you a buck of a sandwich at Quiznos

:P

okay seriously.

http://forums.unitedadmins.com/index.php?showtopic=35844
              RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Thnikkaman

Comment

omg beb's resolution is low =\

Comment

the point of having a high res in ns? to me it just seems like it would make all your targets smaller

Comment

Rumor on the street is that the 4.14.0 CD client update (available at a CD website near you) fixes the problem detailed in the first post of this thread. I have re-enabled CD and specified "4.14.0" as the required client.

Someone please validate for me that this problem has been fixed.

Wyzcrak

Comment

Originally posted by Bebhead
                        the point of having a high res in ns? to me it just seems like it would make all your targets smaller
                        Um no. The game will scale the apparent size of the "targets", that is, all models/entities in the game. However, a higher resolution will give a less pixelated look to the entites, thus, enabling you (in theory) to be able to make out a skulk at 100 yards, being able to tell what the jaggy brown mess is down the hall. Of course, you trade off performance for this, but for HL based games, I find it hard to believe that any computer made in this century would have much of a problem at say, 800x600 or even 1024x768. Now that fps doesn't affect gameplay (like it did in 1.04), that is even less of an issue.

Also, having hi res in NS, makes the text and menu, etc. smaller, thus looking "prettyer". But of course in the game, as in life, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and subject to trade-off issues. (that hot chick is a real flake, those small fonts are hard to read, etc.) :)
                        --
                        CaveDog
                        "Go sell crazy somewhere else... we're all stocked up here."

Comment

I can barely run this game in 800x600. On some maps its almost impossible to get around because my screen jerks so much.

Comment

Originally posted by _Ender_
                            I can barely run this game in 800x600. On some maps its almost impossible to get around because my screen jerks so much.
                            What hardware you got?

Comment

or maybe what hardware don't you [have].

I would say that my statement only holds if you have a video card that supports hardware OpenGL well. That would be any nVidia card since 1996 or recent ATI cards, etc. Also, an old Voodoo-based card might also be able to handle HL.

I don't suggest using the d3d renderer with HL, it was a hack job in the first place and it never worked well, and 10 years later, it still sucks; but it is better than software mode, I'm sure.

Maybe you have another problem?
                              --
                              CaveDog
                              "Go sell crazy somewhere else... we're all stocked up here."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X