CaveDog's mouse issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CaveDog's mouse issues

So, I may have mentioned it in-game sometime, but lately my mouse has been sluggish when in battle. Basicly, the mouse stops responding to my movements but the keyboard keeps going. This only happens sometimes, but usualy when I am fighting. I can't say that it is the cause of all my deaths in game, but maybe some. :)

I would think it was my wireless mouse getting interference or being flaky or something like that, but it started when we started using steam, so I really suspect that it is related to that. I have searched around the forums, and have found nothing interesting.

A few other things have changed recently, like I have started using a linksys router instead of a direct connection from pc to cable modem. I would think that the router isn't the cause, but you never know.

Not sure why you guys should care, just thought I would mention it, if nothing else, except to whine.
    --
    CaveDog
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else... we're all stocked up here."

Is it a wireless router? If so, try turning off the wireless option. I usually stick to a hard wired mouse.

Comment

My father-in-law uses an 802.11b router and a bluetooth wireless mouse. When he complained about one dropping out, and then the other, back-and-forth intermittently, he was rather disappointed when I advised that he remove one or the other from his working environment.

But, this isn't Cavedog's problem. The only wireless device he has is his mouse.

Cave, I would definately recommend a wired mouse ASAP. Like you, I doubt that's the problem. But how many times has the stupidest possibility led to the solution?

Plenty of times. :) If it doesn't solve the problem, at least that test is out of the way.

Wyzcrak
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

but lately my mouse has been sluggish when in battle. Basicly, the mouse stops responding to my movements but the keyboard keeps going
        I've had the exact same thing. This weekend I figured out why.

My mouse-pad has been worn so smooth* that the optical mouse can sometimes not tell that it's moving, especially at the slow range of motion, right on the center most-well-worn area of the mousepad.

Time for a new mousepad!

As for you, could be radio interference. Break out the old corded mouse and see how things go!

(*) It's not one of those older style soft type mouse-pads, but rather one of the thinner ones that has a harder slightly marbled surface, and in the entire center area all the marbling has been polished flat!

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
          My father-in-law uses an 802.11b router and a bluetooth wireless mouse. When he complained about one dropping out, and then the other, back-and-forth intermittently, he was rather disappointed when I advised that he remove one or the other from his working environment.
          Could your father-in-law also not try configuring the wireless router to use a completely different channel, further apart in the spectrum from where it currently is?

As for Cavedog, it could be interference from a neighbour or something, where they're using something intermittantly.

Comment

My mouse-pad has been worn so smooth* that the optical mouse can sometimes not tell that it's moving, especially at the slow range of motion, right on the center most-well-worn area of the mousepad.

Same here, but it was just dirt and junk in the mousepad. A little water and some elbow grease can fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by CK
              Could your father-in-law also not try configuring the wireless router to use a completely different channel, further apart in the spectrum from where it currently is?
              Good idea. I'll try that next time I'm at his house.

Wyzcrak
              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak

But, this isn't Cavedog's problem. The only wireless device he has is his mouse.

Cave, I would definately recommend a wired mouse ASAP. Like you, I doubt that's the problem. But how many times has the stupidest possibility led to the solution?

Plenty of times. :) If it doesn't solve the problem, at least that test is out of the way.

Wyzcrak
                rofl. Speak for yourself.. remember the lawn-mower thing?
                ;)
                Seriously tho, im on my dads wireless bluetooth, and no lag on MY pc or this palm pc. my buddy uses a wireless mouse & keyboard and he has no lag on steam, so it's not steam :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X