Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[3.x beta2] installation for me didn't work.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [3.x beta2] installation for me didn't work.

the topic thread title speaks for itself, i followed the instructions and it still won't work for me.

List every step that you followed, in the order you performed it. That will give everyone a starting point from which to help you figure out what went wrong.

Also, list the exact error you get, and when you get it.

Wyzcrak
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I have modified the title of this thread to indicate that it was the beta2 install that failed for you.

Wyzcrak

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

i downloaded steaminstall.exe

i install steam

i type in my e-mail address

i ran half life

it asked me if i should install it and i click "ok"

it asked me if i want to install "natural selection," i unclicked the option.

then it installed

then i installed beta 1 first

then beta 2

and after that, i ran it, and it gave me something how my client.dll is different than that of the server's.

Comment

When you ran half-life, what exactly did you do?

Wyzcrak

Comment

If by "running" HL you mean anything else other than booting the game up and running through a level like the training course, then go back, and start it up by running the training course.

HL needs to actually start up at least once in order to get some required files for NS there and made.
            [volun2]
            NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
            Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
            <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
            <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

i ran half-life and actually played the training course up to the crowbar level
              then i stopped.

Comment

In that case, nevermind me.
                [volun2]
                NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Are you sure that the HL steam and the NS steam files are all properly updated? Sometimes the files are not updated and just giving steam time to insure it has all the files solves a lot of problems.

Comment

reinstall. delete your Seirra folder in your harddrive.

Comment

As drastic as it sounds, I would recommend what Emanon has recommended. It sounds to me like you did things correctly. Maybe something went wrong outside your control.

Wyzcrak

Comment

still don't work....i'm out of ideas

Comment

d/l the new version 3 or the beta...

also post your install path when you run the program....

my bro had the same problem it was defaulting to the wrong install path...

Comment

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\[email protected]\half-life\nsp

Comment

thats your problem right there

it should read...
                              C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\[email protected]\half-life\

and then it will automaticly install it into NSP

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X