Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help with query commands (the pretty ones above your head)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with query commands (the pretty ones above your head)

Does anybody know when it displays these, and the impulse # for them? I can't recall ever seeing these used in the game.

If anybody knows the impulse, I would like to use them for the "alien spotted!" impulse.
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Re: Need help with query commands (the pretty ones above your head)

Those are the "Cover Me" icons, aren't they?
    [volun2]
    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface
      Those are the "Cover Me" icons, aren't they?
      The cover me ones are these:

That is unless it shows a different one for different phrases when using the covering impulse

Comment

EDIT: Well I tested it tonight and it turns out there isn't an impulse (that i can find) for that call.
        Last edited by aeroripper; 03-30-2006, 10:18 PM.

Comment

weird.
          i'll let you know if i figure it out, but i have no clue what theyr'e for.
          "Alien spotted" doesn't bring them up?
          Ambriento for comm! Vote today!

Comment

Originally posted by Darkilla
            weird.
            i'll let you know if i figure it out, but i have no clue what theyr'e for.
            "Alien spotted" doesn't bring them up?
            No

Comment

Looks like it should be "Taking Fire" or "Need Backup"... I don't know if they have those for NS... I need to stop playing CS.

Comment

where did u get those images? they could be a variation of the sprites for voice comm perhaps

Comment

Did you try "I've got your back" with another player in the room? I know that displays an icon over the head of the guy you are covering, and it might put an icon over your head as well I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by |TG|Ryan
                    where did u get those images? they could be a variation of the sprites for voice comm perhaps
                    Thats a good thought.

Comment

Originally posted by |TG|Ryan
                      query.spr in the \sprites folder (along with the rest of them)

Originally Posted by |TG|Ryan
                      Voice comms in 3.1 are the blue and yellow triangles with a ! in them, along with the original voice icon that is used in the RR. They are different.

Did you try "I've got your back" with another player in the room? I know that displays an icon over the head of the guy you are covering, and it might put an icon over your head as well I don't know.
                      Yes, it puts an icon over his head but not over mine. Although there is one thing I havn't tried is to have somebody else say their "covering me" and see if it brings up this icon on my hud, not above my head.

Comment

I saw this icon last night, almost the instant you left the server :)

I used "I've got your back" on another player who began firing either while I was doing it or immediately afterwards and the ! shield appeared above his head instead of the standard one. So I guess it appears when the guy you are covering is under some duress. It's also possible that he was just chatting as I was covering him (by "chatting" I mean "GOMG ONOS!")

Comment

Originally posted by rs_al
                          I saw this icon last night, almost the instant you left the server :)

I used "I've got your back" on another player who began firing either while I was doing it or immediately afterwards and the ! shield appeared above his head instead of the standard one. So I guess it appears when the guy you are covering is under some duress. It's also possible that he was just chatting as I was covering him (by "chatting" I mean "GOMG ONOS!")
                          Could be the small chat icon, but I'll take a look later.

Comment

I think it is just "covering you" and they say something. Seen it before under these circumstances.

Comment

It is the "just covering one"

ho hum

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X