Map Vote Plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map Vote Plugin

Been playing on IAM pub servers a while, not much fun compared to TGNS, but works when the server is empty (anti-vulgarity makes it feel like home).

Anyways, I was wondering if we could implement the map vote plugin they have where it gives you a menu of all the maps on the server, or of 1/4 of them or etc, and you get two votes. First list shows about 6-8 maps, whatever two maps get the most votes win. Second vote shows the two maps, and and votes they get and the vote with the highest number wins. In the event of a tie on the second vote, the map that recieved the most votes the first voting time wins.

I think it'd be a good asset for the server, although it is a bit buggy. Any thoughts?

Also, I've been thinking on beginning to write plug-ins myself, but have no idea where to start. Any advice?

-Mom
    Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Re: Map Vote Plugin

If you're looking to write plugins for AMXX, this would be a great place to start,

AMXX Tutorials

This link will take you to a tutorial on the basics of SMALL and coding your first plugin, after that you can play around with the .inc files, open them with notepad do see some functions and you can make your own plugins in no time.

Comment

The best map vote plugin out there is crabs map manager. I run it on the Mr server, and there's never any complains about bugs, or crashes.

Mom, I started learning Small (The coding standard used by AMXX) 3 or 4 months ago. I've released 2 plugins to the community already, and have several more in the works. YOu cn view those here. All I can say is that I hope you have some programming experience before jumping into this. It will help.
      birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

I love the map vote plugin and was actually thinking of suggesting this plug in as well.

Comment

could be nice. but doesn't votemap work just as well?
          Ambriento for comm! Vote today!

Comment

Originally posted by Darkilla
            could be nice. but doesn't votemap work just as well?
            I don't think so. It's hard to get enough people to votemap, and it requires an explanation for the unexperienced. It's much easier to come to a consensus when the vote is on everyone's screen and it's obvious how to go about voting.

Comment

They also usually narrow the choices to about 4 so you don't get a dozen different maps with 1 vote each.

Having an automated vote at the end of maps would encourage people to actually do something. Often by the time you are ready to put in a vote for the next map the game is over and the map is already changing.

Comment

I would like to throw my vote in for having a vote plug-in. I think that the plugins that ask for everyone to pick the next map. Then if there is not a > 80 majority. The 2 or 3 maps with the largest number of votes are presented again. I think that the polling helps to provoke and promote the player to take action.

Yack

Comment

it also (in my experience) has a few troubles with loading the next map and seeing your vote choices still up. While I was with C.A.P, I had to run a new bogus vote almost everytime, because it would be stuck up on someone's screen. However, it definatly has it's uses.
                  A poll perhaps?
                  Ambriento for comm! Vote today!

Comment

Originally posted by Darkilla
                    it also (in my experience) has a few troubles with loading the next map and seeing your vote choices still up. While I was with C.A.P, I had to run a new bogus vote almost everytime, because it would be stuck up on someone's screen. However, it definatly has it's uses.
                    A poll perhaps?
                    I've only had that problem when I switch servers mid-vote. Once I figured out what caused it, I waited until the server actually started to switch maps before switching servers, so this isn't really an issue.

I'd be in favor of this plugin, too.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X