HLTV Film Crew

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HLTV Film Crew

Just so you guys know, I'm testing functionality that records an HLTV demo of every game played on our public NS server. To do this, I'm experimenting with HLTV proxies.

Currently, connecting to and using HLTV proxies to spectate 3.x beta3 games on servers like ours is not possible due to bugs. Due to this, I have configured the HLTV proxy so that users cannot connect to it and spectate our games.

However, I've validated that it is automatically recording demos of games properly. Again, due to the same bugs, these demos are not presently VIEWABLE with 3.x beta3, but the game data IS being recorded, as near as I can tell.

Anyway, for now, you'll see "HLTV Film Crew" in the ready room when you're on the server. Just ignore it and continue with the games.

The HLTV server does take one slot on the server. I've raised the maxplayers from 14 to 15 to compensate for this. You'll still only ever have 14 people maximum playing in a game at any given time.

This may be very temporary, or it may be a lasting thing. I'm not sure yet. I want the proxy's presense to be transparent to gameplay. If for any reason its presence causes problems, please notify an admin.

Wyzcrak
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Oooh! Oooh! I wanna be the HLTV Film Crew! :D

Comment

perhaps I need to rtfm, but is there any performance issues associated with hltv on the server?

Also, is it possible that the demos aren't viewable because the data is corrupted? or is it known that the data is supposedly correct, but the viewing of said data is messed up?
      --
      CaveDog
      "Go sell crazy somewhere else... we're all stocked up here."

Comment

All of your questions are good ones, Cavedog. I don't know the answers to any of them.

My assumption (hope?) is that the data is good and that our server can take the performance hit.

Time will tell.

Wyzcrak

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

So what you are saying is that you just implement random things and just pray that there aren't intolerable concequences? Great way to manager the server. Remind me to loose your business card if I ever need a server managed that affects large numbers of people and that a buisness depends on.

j/k, of course. Understandable. I like to raise issues, but sometimes I don't stop to think about how big of a deal some of these issues are... *thinking back over my career...* :)
          --
          CaveDog
          "Go sell crazy somewhere else... we're all stocked up here."

Comment

What's a business card?

Wyzcrak

Comment

i love filming, not to mention prior experience as a director.... ;)

PM me for more info wyz...if not more info here.

Comment

I dont get what the point is. If they cant be viewed then why bother doing it? IMHO its a waste of bandwidth.

Comment

Well, the only two things that are taxed are CPU and HD space. I think we have enough of both to manage this feat.

I think they WILL be able to be viewed later.

Haven't you ever had an AWESOME game that finished with you wishing you had a demo of it?

I know I have. :)

Plus, I wouldn't mind using these demos to one day put together a video of great teamwork that we've had here.

Wyzcrak

Comment

Originally posted by _Ender_
                    IMHOP
                    intermational house of pancakes?

oh wait... what does that stand for again?

Comment

Originally posted by Bebhead
                      Originally posted by _Ender_
                      IMHOP
                      intermational house of pancakes?

oh wait... what does that stand for again?
                      That's exactly what i thought when i read that.

Comment

It would be that, if the P was actually there.. but it wasnt.. it was beb trying and failing to be funny... dont worry beb if you want me to load gun for your failure I will.

Comment

i was trying to be funny but seriously what is IMHO? i have no idea what it is and you and zek say that like there is no tomorrow

Comment

IMHO.

And there is no tomorrow.

Wyzcrak

Wow. What's scary.. is that I went to type "In My Humble Opinion," to explain what IMHO means.. but I typed IMHO by rote.

Wyzcrak

Comment

ah

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...