Problems with viewdemo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with viewdemo

Anybody else have problems using viewdemo when playing back demos? Basically whenever I do it the fps is always really low and it stutters a lot the whole demo. But whenever I use playdemo, everything works like normal.

It's to bad cause I'd love to use the pause and fast forward function of it.
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Re: Problems with viewdemo

Someone cooler than me will have to give you the "technical why," but viewdemo plays the demo while it's still loading. On my machine, the first few minutes are choppy, but that's all it takes to load the demo.

Once the demo is fully-loaded, performance is identical to typical in-game performance.

If it really does take your machine the entire playtime of the demo to actually and fully load the demo, then watching it with viewdemo will be choppy the entire time. Even if that is the case, though, viewdemoing it again immediately afterward will result in it being played smoothly, as it's already loaded and ready to go.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I usually just pause the demo and wait for it to fully load.

Comment

That would explain it, thanks fellas.
        Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
        Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse