Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• idea for a plugin..

Hey all,

I got an idea, it doesnt happen very often I know, but still its an idea and its mine so bare with me.

Is there anyway we can make\create\whatever a plugin for the server that when, say 10 people are on the server during a CO map, a pop up... well pops up and asks if we want it changed to an NS map?

Is this at all possible wyz\ema?

Yeah. That might be possible. What percentage of the players should have to vote NS for the map to instantly change?

Wyzcrak
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

75% maybe?

My main concern with this is all those pubbies who only connect to the server for CO maps. If the map changed to NS then I know those guys will drop and we will be back to square one again.

I'm starting to think that combat is going to be the down fall of NS...

Comment

should be like 90% because if you set it low, the people that didn't vote yes would leave.

Comment

Thats the problem, I fear that will happen anyway.

Comment

No, what NM is saying is that, to effectively PREVENT people from leaving upon the map change, you need a FAR MAJORITY (ala 90%) of the players to vote NS for the map to change.

Wyzcrak
            Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

well thats why I said maybe...

It doesnt matter anyway.. As soon as it changed people are going to laeve. Its happened twice today. Get a nice full server going, then as soon as it changes to an NS map 90% of the server leaves.

Comment

wo wo wo...co will NOT be the downfally of ns, it has been in my exp. the opposite effect...i have several friends that were fed up with ns, but when i described co they tried it and are now back into the game...i think co is a great idea, just stick to a regular rotation...like a co map, a reg map, a co map, a reg map, etc., etc...

Comment

I honestly don't see that many people quit for classic if the server is full, unless of course they were No-CD in the previous game and an admin is no longer present. Combat is new, people still find it interesting. They'll get tired of it over time.

Anyway, the smaller a majority necessary, the more likely people are to quit afterwards. But if it's a 90% majority, then the vote will never pass when those people are in the game anyway. 75% is fine IMHO, that's 8 out of 10 people.

Comment

Co wont be the downfall, but if Steam ends up supporting NS then that will be the downfall, and once again it will rebound with time.

Comment

Originally posted by Emanon
                      Co wont be the downfall, but if Steam ends up supporting NS then that will be the downfall, and once again it will rebound with time.
                      how would steam support hurt it?!
                      wouldnt that just be putting ns one step closer to retail which is like the teams goal...(see their website)

Comment

Why would one want to buy this game when you can buy Savage which is a thousand times better?

Comment

Im just tired of NS in general. I see a bunnyhopping skulk (someone here... you know who you are.. no its not polska or ema) and i try to shoot it, but it has soo much speed it's instant death, especially when he has focus -.-
                          that was the last of it.. im getting bored, frustrated, and just plain mad at people who EXPLOIT the engine.

Comment

dont feel bad sniper... nothing like getting the drop on a marine only to get killed because he can jump backwards faster then you can run forward..

Comment

that would be a wonderful idea....90% i agree.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X