Un-kickable players?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Un-kickable players?

I had a ? mark player tonight and he wouldn't communicate so we were trying to gb him for lack of communication when we asked multiple times but both the gb command and amx_kick command (I was temp admin) did not work on his name.

I know sometimes people use special symbols or something that make it hard to use their name to kick, but I ALSO tried using the userid to kick. Even this did not work when using the same syntax.

So what I'm wondering is, what's wrong? I tried it multiple times just to make sure my spelling and syntax was correct, but it wasn't working. Is it really possible for people to have unkickable names? I have had this problem before where I just could kick them.

What I tried to use:

gb playername "Communication is required"

amx_kick playername "Communication is required"

gb 526 "Communication is required"

amx_kick 526 "Communication is required"

Am I supposed to use quotes when entering in these values? I forgot to try that but wasn't sure, ex:

gb "playername" "reasonhere"

amx_kick "userid" "reasonhere"
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Re: Un-kickable players?

Any of these commands that take a <player> as an argument allow for, I think, TWO ways of identifying the player: partial name (enough to uniquely identify dude) or userid.

If you use userid, you have to put "#" before the number.

gb playername "Communication is required."
    gb #526 "Communication is required"

I'm glad people are using gb. My apologies for the technical bumps in the road.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
      Any of these commands that take a <player> as an argument allow for, I think, TWO ways of identifying the player: partial name (enough to uniquely identify dude) or userid.

If you use userid, you have to put "#" before the number.
      ahhhh... I didn't use #... that may have been it. Thanks :)

Comment

For future reference, the Wiki page with all the commands has been updated to reflect this information!

http://www.tacticalwiki.com/index.php/TGNS_Commands
        birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

Many thanks, Wuss.
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Some player names aren't kickable. When I see this, should I ask them to change it, or leave it at what it is? I know our rules for vulgar names are strict, but should they be on unkickable names?

Food.

-Mom
            Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Comment

Originally posted by Yer Mom
              Some player names aren't kickable. When I see this, should I ask them to change it, or leave it at what it is? I know our rules for vulgar names are strict, but should they be on unkickable names?

Food.

-Mom
              If somebody's name is really complicated to type or untypable (Ie.. having the console key in their name, although there is a way around this), just kick them by their userid number.

If people come in with vulgar names I usually gb them and tell them to fix their name before playing.

Comment

Originally posted by Yer Mom

Food.

-Mom
                Didn't Wyzcrak's instructions make sense?
                There's no such thing as unkickable. Some people may make it a chore, but there are ways of having them exit the server involuntarily.
                [volun2]
                NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

for those that have the tricky names i will type status in the console then just copy paste thier name with the quotes. it has worked every time for me

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X