Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XFire

http://www.xfire.com

Ok, so.... last I heard, this stuff wasn't spyware. True? False?

My intial reaction was.... why use XFire? We have STEAM FRIENDS!

Pfft. It never works, Steam Friends. So... why not use something that works?

I'd love your thoughts.

Wyzcrak
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

I know you've probably seen this on the ns.org forums, Wyzcrak, but based on the postings there I have a high degree of confidence it isn't spyware.
    Now, does that mean I'll use it? Not necessarily. I already have one IM program that does what I need (Windows Messenger).

Comment

Or, you could all get IRC and HLSW and have it leave messages when you join a game!! :D
      haha

Comment

i got gator (GMT) from it.. i think.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper
          i got gator (GMT) from it.. i think.
          What do you mean, "you think"?
          How did you determine this? If you did then this would be great
          information to share.
          I do what I can.

cpgf: (n.) Acronym describing a significant other who has not yet acheived full spousal status and is in possession of a cable modem; of note because at YOUR house, you still have dial-up -- and crappy dialup at that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper
            gator
            AHHHHH i still have nightmares!

Comment

Adaware 6.0 Pro doesnt detect anything in it.

Comment

Re: XFire

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                http://www.xfire.com
                Pfft. It never works, Steam Friends. So... why not use something that works?
                I've had it work well enough.... what problems are being experienced by others?
                [volun2]
                NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

everyone list their screen names here [if] when they get it.

mine of course = Bebhead

Comment

Havn't had XFIRE, installed it, didnt install anything else, restarted, noticed gator, uninstalled gator, got mad at xfire. so yah.. i think it's this :\

Comment

Mine is Polska (email [email protected]), only trying it for now. If something about it bugs me or I find it useless it will get the boot.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

I didnt install it and will not install it. I have an AIM, ICQ, Yahoo, and an MSN account. If people want to get ahold of me, then they can with me having to install a 4th IM program that I will probably never use at all.

Comment

yeah but with xfire you can stalk people into games

AND when your talking to them and they are playing ns there is a hive next to their name :shock: what else could you ask for?

Comment

I have most of the people I care about here (IE: people who dont annoy me) on my ASE buddy list. So if I want to stalk them into games I can.

Comment

Also keep in mind that you can use gametiger.com to find people ingame if you need it that badly.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X