bumping unreserved players?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bumping unreserved players?

i've got over 5k points and i saw an unregisted player, one with the ? icon. i tryed joining and i still went to the hltv. what happened?

Re: bumping unreserved players?

The number at the end of the hostname has to be greater than zero for you to be able to join the full server using your points.

I must say... the balance of new blood and known players that this system maintains on the server when it's full is really, really nice.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I noticed the other day that the number had grown from the norm of 3 to 4. Is this server side, or was it a bug? I'd like to see more possible entries of registered players. Maybe if it's at 3, jump it to 4, or if it's at 4, maybe 5?

Just a thought.

-Mom
      Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Comment

This is by design.

The count is a + b:

a) no more than 3 unregistered players unmatched by a registered player with 5000 points
        b) every unregistered "bad rates" player not accounted for in a)

So, with a count of 4, you might have had 2 unregistered players more than was countered by registered players with 5000 points and two unregistered players with bad rates. Or 3 and 1. Or 0 and 4. There are several possibilities.

I don't want to see the number changed. It's very effective, long term, at keeping a good balance of known and new players on the server. Letting that go too far in either direction can hurt the big picture goals of the server (including "populate TGNS with SMs experienced in NS").

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I don't get it
          I've been reading this post with a pen in my hand, trying to figure out the exact math of who get's kicked when, and I just can't get it.
          Can someone put it in what i'd call pseudo code for me? Because I've been trying to figure it out for a while now...

If unreg'd players >= 3, then boot unreg when Reg with [regpoints > 5k] attempts to join?
          i always thought, if there was a ? and a non ? wanted to join, then then ? woudl get booted...
          Ambriento for comm! Vote today!

Comment

To explain the logic in full would be more complicated than I can express simply.

I can say one thing simply, though: when the server is full, SMs can bump anyone who isn't an SM, and the number at the end of the hostname tells the registered non-SM with 5000+ points wanting to join the full server (which, for the sake of this post only, I'll arbitrarily refer to as a "Point Man") how many players are bumpable by him.

TacticalGamer.com NS|bs0;FF;3
            TacticalGamer.com NS|bs0;FF;5
            TacticalGamer.com NS|bs0;FF;0
            TacticalGamer.com NS|bs0;FF;1

That number is updated every 15 seconds and always represents how many players are vulnerable, when the server is full, to a Point Man who is forcing his connection and trying to join.

Once the server decides that an incoming player, be he SM or Point Man, is successfully going to bump a player, it chooses based first on class (bad rates unregistered, unregistered, or registered -- in that order), and then on time (most recently connected class match is bumped), who is to be bumped to make room.

Details:
            • every unregistered player with bad rates is bumpable at any time by a Point Man. Give the fact that it takes 15 seconds for the number to update, you will never see the number at the end of the hostname be "0" when there's a red exclamation point anywhere on the scoreboard.
            • beyond that, every unregistered player -- up to three -- who is on the server at any given time creates, in real-time, one "reserved slot," which can be consumed by a Point Man, whether he's already on the server or not. That is, no more than three Point Men at a time may enjoy a reserved slot on the server during heavy unregistered traffic.

So, the number at the end of the hostname will always be as follows. If (a - b) yields a negative difference, it is considered as zero in the equation:

(a - b) + c

where

a = unregistered players presently on the server, up to three
              b = Point Men on the server
              c = bad rates players on the server
            • SMs can bump any non-SM (class and connection time logic from above applies)

--
            I'm sorry. Maybe it's just late, but that's the best I can do on clarity. Let me know what questions you have.

Comment

the hostname is the servertitle, that shows up when looking for the TG server within steam?
              other then that, you did a fantastic job of explaining it i think
              you should probably put this somewhere, for all to read!
              Ambriento for comm! Vote today!

Comment

That's correct. Note that this will not update on your scoreboard once you're in the game.

Comment

So if a SM bumps an unreg good rates person, does that count toward the 3?

Comment

The unregistered bad rates players really are considered outside of the "3" number. If they're there, they always increment the number.

Comment

I told someone on the server last week that I'd bump this thread, as he was looking to understand how the non-SM reserved slot logic worked on the server.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X