steam ID in use

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steam ID in use

I don't know if this is the right place for this, but I was just playing on the server and another person using the handle hellbent joined. He was booted by the server saying " steam ID pending"
    a few seconds later he rejoined, then it booted me and it tells me someone else is using my steam ID on the server already. I hope my account did not get jacked. just figured I would generally report it if someone is doing not-nice things using my ID.

Re: steam ID in use

STEAM_ID_PENDING is the SteamID every player has until he authenticates with the magical SteamID authentication servers in the sky.

If the authentication process fails for any reason, the player is not authenticated. As we like knowing with whom we're playing around here, the server removes any player who has not successfully authenticated (with those magical SteamID authentication servers in the sky).

I rarely see players removed for STEAM_ID_PENDING, but I saw several tonight.

Theory: SteamID authentication servers were having issues, and both you and Hellbent were having problems authenticating, and it saw you both as having the same SteamID (STEAM_ID_PENDING), and so it told you "your" SteamID was already in use.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

IIRC I had this problem before during peak steam usage times and the network was busy. Give it a few hours it should be back to normal.
      Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
      Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

yeah the wounderfull steam mess up, it happens

do you serve a purpose or do you purposely serve

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement