NS lessons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NS lessons

To expand on the HLTV sessions I want to start giving some ns lessons to players that request it. I have access to a server that this can be held on. These will work best one on one or in small groups ( 2 or 3 people). Basically anything ns related can be covered. I remember getting help from nslearn way back when, lessons like this can drastically improve your gameplay.

-Fading
    -Lerking (not the best but I know the basics)
    -Marine aim and tatics
    -Skulk tactics
    -Over all alien gameplay
    -Bhopping
    -Marine movement
    -Strategy
    -Commanding (Still perfecting...lol)
    -Config (rates, fps, simple scripts)
    -Questions

To arrange a lesson just send me a PM of a time you want to set up, generally I have time around 5:00-11:00pm on weekdays except Tuesday and weekends are mostly free unless plans come up. Time changes depending on how much work I have but I should be able to fit people in.

Open the flood gates.

Re: NS lessons

Knowing what timezone would help.

Chewy: i was paraphrasomg
    [19:01] Chewy: KAMER |
    [19:01] Chewy: i love you | Drake_Anra : I only have a problem when Kamer talks... /// Chewy : That's very much a universal problem, Drake. :D

Comment

I will be recommending these to people as I observe their mistakes in gameplay. The recommendations will come via forum PM. Please send me forum PMs recommending some for me when you guys see me screw stuff up (no, I don't need 100 PMs recommending I attend a fade class).
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I'm quite willing to do the lerk/commanding aspect Lazy, send me an IRC PM and we'll talk.

Comment

I'd love to know when these were going on so I could watch, if the players were ok with that of course.

Comment

Id like you to teach me how to do an NS dance off for tie breakers.
            USAR

Comment

opps, I'm in the central time zone.

Comment

Originally posted by squeak
                Id like you to teach me how to do an NS dance off for tie breakers.
                That goes under bunnyhopping lessons.

Comment

Nice to see that someone is taking an interest in teaching players again.

If there is enough supply/demand I may write some articles/give out lessons myself via NSlearn.

Unfortunately, with the forums being removed, there has been little demand AND supply, so NSlearn has been very stagnant.

Comment

I am definatly in need of quite a few of these lessons that you have posted. Actually, reading through the list, I can't see a single one that I wouldn't benifit from in some way or another. My biggest concern right now is that my skill is being capped by my computer. I bearly manage to pull 20-25 fps while playing, and it spikes hardcore very frequently. my mouse lags out, i get power spiked from my power supply. I've played a few times on a different computer, and my entire game seems to jump a few notches...

So yes, I'll definatly check otu a few lessons, but I think I need a new comp to go along with these..
                    honestly, who plays with a GeForce 2 now'a'days..
                    Ambriento for comm! Vote today!

Comment

After sitting stagnant for about a year and a half, and also after my games tonight, I realized that I am definitely a bit rusty and can use any training you could provide. I used to be an average player, but I am definitely nowhere near the skill level I was before. I'll send you a PM to work out the times.

But to all the old school NS players still here, I am officially back. Nice to see the old faces I saw tonight. :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X