Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• widescreen 1440 ns

I just got a 19" widescreen monitor.

is their a way to have ns work at 1440*900 resolution?
    their is one widescreen resolution but because it isnt my native resolution its somewhat not that great looking.

has anyone got this working?

thanks,
    Campbell

Re: widescreen 1440 ns

add this into your launch properties for NS

-width 1440 -height 900
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

In the video options, there is an option to use widescreen format. I played NS for some time on a laptop, and with the exception of a few sprites that have to be stretched, the game looks fine on 16:9/16:10 aspect ratio monitors.

Comment

The thing about widescreen in hl is that there is no aspect ratio correction, so you are seeing 4:3 stretched to 16:9, which isn't too bad though skulking felt a lot different to me at first.

Source does true 16:9 or 16:10 when you do the widescreen, so there is actually more viewable area:
        http://rtfo.org/~al/share/ss/cs/widescreencomp.jpg
        the shaded area is the extra screen space afforded by the 16:10 dimensions. With HL1, instead of adding some more degrees of fov, the 4:3 version is stretched width-wise.

Comment

its weird. when i tried playing at 1440 with opengl widescreen i get a very low framerate (10-20) but when i play the 1280 widescreen res i can get 70 fps if i set my desktop resolution to the same size.

i can go play dod:s widescreen at 1440 and get a better fps than 1440 natural selection. seems like that something is backwards here.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X