A helpful plug-in?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A helpful plug-in?

Do any of you ever remember that plugin, where at the end of the round, there are 'prizes' for thoes who 'had more knife kills' or destroyed the most res in structures, or spent the most res...

Well, I was thinkin' ...

Would, there be any a) possibility in, b) use from installing a plugin such as this.

Hear me out fellow TG'ers! (I sense a frown "Another plugin?")

Would not having information such as, how much res you used, on what, how long you were fade, % kills per life form...
    Would it not be interesting to see who did the most dmg for post game laughs?
    The only problem with this that I can see, is it will bring up rivalry, instead of team play, while on the servers.

And that is why I am asking, my fellow TG'ers to discuss, this idea of mine, and put forth their own!
    Ambriento for comm! Vote today!

Re: A helpful plug-in?

I don't have any problems with that plugin but I can't remember why we stopped using it. Was it just something that stopped working with a patch?

Comment

The plugin ran for a long time, and it didn't create any... anythings... which opposed the TG mindset (despite the potential). It got turned off during a time when the server's performance was in question (turned out to be persistent network problem, not the server at all), and it never really was turned back on.

There have been requests (made in passing, nothing organized) to have it re-enabled.

I can't say I miss it regularly, but I do from time to time wonder just how many marines I parasited during that game.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I'm kind of lukemark about it honestly. While it is kind of interesting, at the same time it plays against my yearnings for a more vanilla NS experience.
        Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
        Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by aeroripper
          I'm kind of lukemark about it honestly. While it is kind of interesting, at the same time it plays against my yearnings for a more vanilla NS experience.
          What's the harm in extra fluff that only happens in the readyroom after a game is done?

Comment

Though it doesn't help achieve any goals. It is always nice as a player to see players rewarded for specific actions (spending res on towers, chambers etc, healing other players, knife kills etc).
            It kind of gives you an extra little pat on the back after youve had a good game.

LASTING IMPRESSION
            __________________________________________________ ______
            Parasites - eye shot?

NS: Lasting Impression
            CS: -=OvEr-DoSe=-

Comment

It would be nice to see this on the server.

Chewy: i was paraphrasomg
              [19:01] Chewy: KAMER |
              [19:01] Chewy: i love you | Drake_Anra : I only have a problem when Kamer talks... /// Chewy : That's very much a universal problem, Drake. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Zek
                What's the harm in extra fluff that only happens in the readyroom after a game is done?
                Eh, nothing really I guess, its been so long since I've played a game with it. I'm all for it if everyone else wants it back in.

Comment

<--- Most kills w/ LMG

My top was at some nub server in Combat. I went Lvl 3 lmg only and got 45 kills in the 15 min game.

Well probably 20 of them were from spawn camping lol.

Comment

If it'll fly with this version, we can try putting it back. I've no particular beef against this plugin or what it does.
                    [volun2]
                    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

I loved it. I always got an award (most deaths...) so I say bring it back. Always funny to see that stuff cause it makes commentary on the last game a lot more enjoyable and points out interesting things to laugh about.
                      -Zephyr
                      You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
                      We are not a single game.
                      We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
                      We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

As someone who plays casually on the server every now and then and occasionally lurks on the forums, I have to note that I miss the old awards as I found many of them chuckle-worthy. If the only way to stand out on the server with my poor marksmanship is to win the Bad Investment or Chao Yun-Fat (sp?) award, then so be it :)

Comment

Wait... what we need is a plugin for CO... that stores your XP in, like, a "vault" of sorts. Where you can save it from game to game and earn interest...

XD
                          USAR

Comment

Originally posted by squeak
                            Wait... what we need is a plugin for CO... that stores your XP in, like, a "vault" of sorts. Where you can save it from game to game and earn interest...

XD
                            You sir, are BRILLIANT. I love this idea lets go lets go lets go :P.

Comment

Hey! Vault references are supposed to be oblique. What fun is it to come out and make a direct reference to the actual original plugin?

For example, we could suggest a plugin that stores your bad after-game awards (like most deaths) in a vault, and then posts them up after every game from then on. =)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X