Technical Issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technical Issues

Ok, so IDK whats going on. I have had NS for over a year, and have been playin the newest version for quite some time. It has been working fine for me untill lately. What I think is happening is it's not letting me DL anything new. It gets to verifying resources, and either stops and freezes, just the game not my comp, or it just plain quits, exits with no error shown... I haven't done anything different and all my cvars are set to allow it to DL. The reason I think it is when I try and DL something new is because I can usualy get into a server that doesn't make me DownLoad anything.

Any1 elsa have this problem?

Re: Technical Issues

Have you searched the steampowered.com forums for help?

Have you tried re-installing NS?

Have you tried re-installing Steam?
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Have you installed IE7 Beta?

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/natural...ernet+Explorer
      birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

ImAWuss - no, I do not, unless it auto downloaded and idk about it.

Wyzcrak - I have reinstalled NS, it worked fine for a lil, then did the same thing again. I have no reinstalled steam... thats too much BS.

Comment

I fear I have very little, if anything, to offer toward this effort. I feel rather unhelpful.

Hmmmm.....

Maybe the user that's running hl.exe doesn't have OS permissions to write to the directory where hl.exe is trying to download stuff?
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Have you completely removed the old NS install folder and installed fresh?

I have no idea your situation on Hard Drive space, maybe a defrag is in order?
            USAR

Comment

Could possibly be firewall or download permissions related, have any new secuity software or changed any settings?

Comment

No, I don't think it can be. Some servers let me DL maps and such, others won't. Could it be ports, thats letting me DL from some, but not most others?

Comment

Did you answer Squeak's question about hard drive space?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X