Any Interest In A Mini-League?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Interest In A Mini-League?

I enjoy captains night. But not the part were we do nothing while teams get selected.

I'd like to gauge interest in some sort of league night. I figure we'd need at least 4 teams of 6, so 24 ppl. Which is perhaps too much to hope for.

If there's real interest I'm willing to take a shot at the administrative type stuff...

Cyph

Re: Any Interest In A Mini-League?

Summer just kicked in and classes are out. I think I can make time for a league. Count me in :)

Comment

As I recall, Apo has a website up for easy use in creating league type environments for the various games. Has ladders and such already set up, you just register and create/join teams. Currently doesn't see much use afaik. If you can get the people, the website should be able to handle most of the actual work I would think :)
      www.tacticalconflict.com
      a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
      Celibacy is not Hereditary.
      Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
      Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
      Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Originally posted by cyphaetus
        I enjoy captains night. But not the part were we do nothing while teams get selected.

I'd like to gauge interest in some sort of league night. I figure we'd need at least 4 teams of 6, so 24 ppl. Which is perhaps too much to hope for.

If there's real interest I'm willing to take a shot at the administrative type stuff...

Cyph
        We did something like this last year and it worked out nicely. We managed to get 6 teams together the first time around, and it seems to me that there is an even larger base to draw from if it was done again.
        Steam Community: | |

Comment

I'm going on vacation this summer sometime, but if schedules are somewhat flexible (no I do NOT mean people can just show up or not and no one will care) then I'd be interested.

Comment

I'm up for something like this. There are many things up in the air about my schedule this summer but if you set dates I should be able to determine if I can attend.

Comment

I got an Idea.

Start a thread (make it a sticky) with sign ups. Have about a week to Sign up for it.

After everyone is signed up, create teams of 6. Try to balance everyone's skill as much as possible.

Have each team play in a desired time, and HLTV it. Double loss elimination.

The only problem is that if you sign up, you have to make sure you be at the match.

Then have the winning team play a team of admins!

Comment

I'm up for it. Just be sure to put me on the team that wins.

Comment

sounds good. I'm in, however due to work I might not be available.

Comment

Thanks for info the Spyder.

Alrighty guys, spread the word. Lets see if we can get 24 people interested.

Comment

Last year, Kormendi graced us with running the tournament we held. If you are interested, have a look at how he ran things for an idea how it will be handled again. There is some discussion amongst the Admins right now, no promises, we will have to see how things come along.

-Link fixed :)
                      Last edited by Iceberg; 05-25-2006, 08:36 PM.
                      USAR

Comment

Ok, but that link doesn't seem to work :)

Comment

Might I recommend teams of 7? For all that last year's tourny was lots of fun, it was often hard to get the entire team to show up at once, and a 7-man team allows you to hold a game even if 1 man can't make it.

Comment

There is a huge difference in the enjoyment that one can find in a tournament of strangers vs a tournament of friends.
                            Steam Community: | |

Comment

To say the least, CAL did not provide for me the social enjoyment that TGNS does.
                              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X