NS_Training

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NS_Training

Just figured I'd throw this link out for you guys that havn't already played it. It's a NS training map that meat popsickle created a year or so ago (probably longer). It has scripted events, a briefing on kharra lifeforms, and some cheesy voice acting :P. A small intro to comming (although has some bugs, nothing major) and is overall a fun little mod to crave your desires for an official NS_training mode.

http://www.brywright.co.uk/downloads...ng_1_setup.exe

You might have to restart steam to be able to see it in the list.

Last edited by aeroripper; 05-26-2006, 01:05 AM. Reason: added pics
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Re: NS_Training

This looks really cool. Thanks aero!

Comment

Why the devs left this alone, without any help in furthering what this has started boggles my mind. I think they really screwed the pooch ignoring this.
      USAR

Comment

Apparantly it took him quite a while to finish, it was a lot of work. This mod really isn't up to the standards of NS, as I believe they were looking into it and decided no.

NS is sorely lacking a basic tutorial for both sides, that would be a lot of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by squeak
          Why the devs left this alone, without any help in furthering what this has started boggles my mind. I think they really screwed the pooch ignoring this.
          The last I heared of this was just before the fourms went down.
          It was not made by the developers of NS, but after it was done, I think that they might have put it in. They were waiting for it to be complete before casting judgement on it. No use to say you will add something that does not get finished.
          It is was not completed as far as I know, missing the alien side, no real fighting, ect.
          Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

Originally posted by Eternaly_Lost
            The last I heared of this was just before the fourms went down.
            It was not made by the developers of NS, but after it was done, I think that they might have put it in. They were waiting for it to be complete before casting judgement on it. No use to say you will add something that does not get finished.
            It is was not completed as far as I know, missing the alien side, no real fighting, ect.
            He never meant for there to be an alien side, and the NS devs said that it wasn't up to the 'NS' level of quality anyways, and rejected putting it into the mod. So it is just an un-official training map, and it is finished as far as meat popsickle was concerned (he was pretty frustrated with it by the time it was done). I could show you the posts, but unfortunately the forums have been down for 4 years :-/. I would love to play an official NS training map.
            Last edited by aeroripper; 05-26-2006, 06:17 PM. Reason: i r spelling errors

Comment

Originally posted by aeroripper
              I could show you the posts, but unfortunately the forums have been down for 4 years.
              So that the ETA on the the NS fourms, Well we got a while to wait then, we still have not hit the one year down mark.
              Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

That was a fun map, there were a few other maps like that being developed at the same time for the NS Guides team. Sadly though, none of them were ever completely finished =\

Comment

s'all flayra's fault! but honestly, the voice acting there is awesome
                  -you spank it, you tank it-

Comment

I have one question..Why haven't you share this with big NS communites such as NSA or CAL. This will bring more people from CO toward NS or new people. Good map though

Comment

Originally posted by XMadness
                      I have one question..Why haven't you share this with big NS communites such as NSA or CAL. This will bring more people from CO toward NS or new people. Good map though
                      Hmm good idea.

Comment

thats sick, im getting some buds into the game and i got it for them, it will help em out alot

SYKE DESIGNS

Comment

Maybe, we could mess around with the mod or something and make it more competitive. You know, for people that wants to take it to the next step.

Comment

Ideally what would be best is if it used actual alien bots to fight against using whichbot. You wouldn't think it would be that hard to put bot spawners in the map and have them wait in ambushes or something.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X