How I beat my wow addiction.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How I beat my wow addiction.

I was honestly hoping for the 1k, but this will do. This just makes it final :D. I had fun for over a year, but I finally realized I stopped having fun.

SO, provided ns doesn't get on my nerves I am ready to return for good (or until the next big game!).

PS - I can't spell

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Re: How I beat my wow addiction.

Originally posted by Polska

I was honestly hoping for the 1k, but this will do. This just makes it final :D. I had fun for over a year, but I finally realized I stopped having fun.

SO, provided ns doesn't get on my nerves I am ready to return for good (or until the next big game!).

PS - I can't spell
    I'm happy to have you back, Polska, but I feel sad for the poor sap that shelled out that kind of money for an in-game avatar. Yeesh.
    [volun2]
    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Wow that is just wild somebody would spend that kind of money on a game character.
      Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
      Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Although I would tend to agree with you, the economic debate is time vs. money. I'm sure it's more efficient for someone with the money to buy this accoutn then spend the monstrous amount of time that I invested in the character for example.

Oddly enough, there was an older guy in his 40s in my WoW guild, he was a millionaire (from what he told us, I have no reaosn to not believe him). Rescently he baught a computer and although we tried to show him a better path he ended up blowing over $14,000 on an alienware computer (because some of the ones we suggested wouldn't ship as quickly, or were more of a hassle). Just an example :P. I know I sure as hell would not spend that kind of money, but some people would hehe.

From my perspective, knowing how much work and time it would take to get the character I had it is worth every penny. So at least from my point of view, I felt it was a fair amount.

PS - I would have probably gotten the $1000 but my friend put it up on ebay.ca for 5 days which I failed to notice and he went away for 4 days, As a result I didn't get many hits. Switched to ebay.com for last 2 nights and the hits blew up :P. Oh well, i'm still satisfied with the amount. (60 hits in 5 days vs ending with 593 2 days later after switching ><.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Polska
          PS - I would have probably gotten the $1000 but my friend put it up on ebay.ca for 5 days which I failed to notice and he went away for 4 days, As a result I didn't get many hits. Switched to ebay.com for last 2 nights and the hits blew up :P. Oh well, i'm still satisfied with the amount. (60 hits in 5 days vs ending with 593 2 days later after switching ><.
          How did you get this up there without eBay pulling the auction?
          Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Just like any other auction. There is tons of gold/characters up on ebay. I guess as long as nobody reports it then you are golden :P.

So the trick is to minimize your chances of getting reported as that will result in the cancellation of the auction :D (ie don't spread the word).

Edit: My friend put up the auction for me, maybe he had to do some voodoo magic, but not that I am aware of.
            Last edited by Polska; 05-26-2006, 11:16 AM.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

If it's a game you are already paying a fee to play, I would expect more people to dish out that kind of money. It's not only the time you are spending, but the money you are spending for the time. If it would take you a year to get something, and you would have to pay for the time to get it, not only are you losing the time you could use for something else (getting other virtual things) but also the money. If you tried to level a character and stuff at the same time as everything else it could take much longer than if you dedicated your time to it. Not to mention you reach a limit on time at some point (it's not in infinite supply from our perspective).

That said the person who shelled out that money was probably already playing the game an awful lot and had plenty of stuff and levels anyway :p.

When I quit everquest a long time ago I meant to auction off the account but I never got around to it. It expired and I just gave up on it.

Comment

Nice job Polska. I sold my gnome mage for $735 last year just before BWL came out.

Comment

what server is that ?

Comment

Nice, I'm thinking about selling my character and hoping for around $1,500 - $2,000 (Paladin) which is the low estimate.

Comment

Originally posted by Lantern
                      what server is that ?

illidan

Comment

Originally posted by Avs
                        Nice, I'm thinking about selling my character and hoping for around $1,500 - $2,000 (Paladin) which is the low estimate.
                        I doubt a single character account would fetch 2k, no matter how decked out. You never know though, there are people with money to throw around out there :P.

My cousins mage sold for 1k within hours, and my lock had better gear. So if the right person happens to look at your account it could happen.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by aeroripper
                          Wow that is just wild somebody would spend that kind of money on a game character.
                          Hmm...knowing nothing about WoW I can still make this guestimation: 15 bucks a month X roughly a year (18 months) = character should be valued at at least 280 bucks to start with.

...and it is hard to decide how much an hour of your life is worth...

So lets assume the time spent making the character should be double the monthly fee PER month.

280 + 540 = 820

More or less, I think this price is extremely fair and Polska is just about breaking even on his WoW expenses.
                          -Zephyr
                          You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
                          We are not a single game.
                          We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
                          We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

"Although I would tend to agree with you, the economic debate is time vs. money. I'm sure it's more efficient for someone with the money to buy this accoutn then spend the monstrous amount of time that I invested in the character for example."

Not true. WoW is a game where the game content is all developer written quests until 60, where the remainder of the gameplay is social and pvp, or raiding.

Many people have found that the process of levelling is more fun than when you have a 'maxed' character, simply because there is no further goal in the game.

Hence, that is why the new WoW expansion is including higher levels and more quests. It's falling down the slippery slope because it has to to retain customers.

So, buying a character just means this person is missing a lot of the game, and will get bored that much sooner.

So honestly, tell me. Did you have a lot more fun playing at 60, or did you have fun levelling?

Comment

So honestly, tell me. Did you have a lot more fun playing at 60, or did you have fun levelling?
                              Yes, the game actually just began once I hit 60. I spent ALOT more time playing once I was 60, then it actually took me to get to 60.

Learning new raid content was loads of fun, and all the instances were fun to run with the help of one of the top guilds on my server. I tried leveling a 2nd character, and in the mid 20's I couldn't take the leveling anymore, I hated it. I only found leveling fun the first time around.

Of course raiding got old and stale for me eventually, hence I quit. That was only part of it though, and I don't feel like writing an essay listing my reasons for quitting.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X