Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't join a full game that has bots

Hi.

I just tried to joining the server when it was full of bots (32 players) and I was getting the error message server is full. Shouldn't I be able to join because I'm a supporting member?

Re: Can't join a full game that has bots

Originally posted by DustinMichaels
    Hi.

I just tried to joining the server when it was full of bots (32 players) and I was getting the error message server is full. Shouldn't I be able to join because I'm a supporting member?
    Did you try connecting to the server address in your console? You have to do this when the server is full so your res slot kicks in.

ex)

connect 67.19.90.170:27015

I'm sure wyz can give a better technical explanation of why it has to be done this way.
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

First of all, you can use the server aliases to connect instead of the raw IP.

e.g.:
      connect tgns.tacticalgamer.com

As far as the technical reason why you can't connect with the server browser, my hypothesis is that using the UI causes the HL client to query the number of users vs max for a particular server and that on the client (i.e.: your) side, it immediately forbids you to connect to full servers without bothering to ask the server about it. This cuts down on overhead. Forcing the connect via the console overrides this and asks the servers whether or not your STEAM_ID (and IP and so on) are allowed to connect. Even if the server is full, your id may still be valid for connecting (in the case of a reserved slot, for example), so it makes the appropriate moves to accomodate you. Since using the server browser never queries the server for more than just current # of players and max #, your client can't possibly know if you are allowed to join for some other reason (such as reserved slot).

Note that I'm drunk as I write this so the true reason could simply be Wyzcrak's Inifinite Beard of Wisdom.

*EDIT: removed an alias --pokerface
      Last edited by Pokerface; 06-03-2006, 09:40 PM.
      Cool! Personalized plates! Barclay, Barry, Bert, Bort...come on...Bort?

Comment

I had the member join plugin disabled tonight as I did crash testing. Forgive the inconvenience. Normally, the server will never fill with bots.
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X