Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgradeing Extralevels2 to Extralevels3?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgradeing Extralevels2 to Extralevels3?

Extralevels 3, http://ww.amxmodx.org/forums/viewtop...eb1fe19a76c241

I would like to see the extra levels 2 that we have on the server updated to the latest version. It has been on it old version for so long. I would hope that I am not alone on this, and know that only if a large enough number of people want this, then they may update it. It helps to fill the server during the weak times, so we can move closer to our normal, and very fun, ns maps.

There are reasons why I want it updated. The first being the new features added in the latest version. Looking at the change log, we have a version before v0.7.8b, as one fix in the plug-in I know still affects our server’s version. “When player with Staticfield was spectating, Staticfield worked as if the spectated player had it” The latest version as I can tell is v1.2.5b. A lot of thing has changed, such as this “cloaked aliens are not affected by "Static Field” and “when looking at a player the info box now shows correct level” and ” "Advanced Ammopack" will allow marines to carry more ammo and have bigger clips” and “new upgrades (marines: Uranium Ammo / aliens: Sense of Ancients)”

I know that we have a changed version of the plug-in to make it so that supporting members or points turns it on, so I know that it will take effort for the admins to upgrade it, as the upgrade need to be changed.
    Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Re: Upgradeing Extralevels2 to Extralevels3?

I don't care much for combat on extralevels since they are not used very often. Although I guess it couldn't hurt to upgrade, wyz would be the one to talk to on this one as I am not familar with the technical side of it.
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

I don't care enough about extraupgrades to want them upgraded. I'll be happy to upgrade them if Poker asks me to.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I agree with Lost. The new version is much better, and I would love to see it on the server. That said, it's still buggy - I've seen plenty of people get stuck permanently in an Onos stomach after getting eaten by an Onos with Sense of Ancients.

Comment

I think the perma-digest bug is a lot more important that displaying the correct level when looking at a player, or being hit by static while cloaked. Perma-digest actually happens a LOT, since it seems to pop up basically everytime an Onos eats more than 1 person at a time. Furthermore, when it does happen, the only solution is for the affected player to reconnect (since he can't even F4 due to the Digest code).

I wouldnt upgrade until that bug has been fixed.

Comment

Unless i'm skrewing around, I try to use as few upgrades as possible in co. My theory is that this will improve my ns skills, but I still suck so...yeah... extralevels on taticalgamer are fine in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerostasis
              I think the perma-digest bug is a lot more important that displaying the correct level when looking at a player, or being hit by static while cloaked. Perma-digest actually happens a LOT, since it seems to pop up basically everytime an Onos eats more than 1 person at a time. Furthermore, when it does happen, the only solution is for the affected player to reconnect (since he can't even F4 due to the Digest code).

I wouldnt upgrade until that bug has been fixed.
              I have never heared of that bug before you said something. I did spend around 4 or so hours today on co servers running the latest version of the plugin, and did not come up with anything like that.

Looking here, http://www.nsmod.org/forums/index.ph...pic=2512&st=59 , I did find a post on this.

Feb 28 2006
              "schnitzelmaker- Have a bug with Multi-Devour, sometimes, when use SOA_Devour,and the onos redemtion, the player are not teleport back, they are infinity Devour.
              Only if they reconnect,they come outside the Onos. "
              Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

That must be it then--it only comes up when Onos, Sense of Ancients, and Redemption are combined, and then the Onos eats multiple people before redeeming.

Still, for as complex as that sounds, what high-level Onos doesn't have redemption? Long extra-levels games are almost always ended either by Jetpackers or by redeeming Oni, so it comes up more often than you'd think.

And then since "Digest" disables suicide and F4, the poor victim has no choice but to reconnect to the server. Even killing the Onos who ate him has no effect.

Comment

I would put this somewhere near the bottom of my desirability list. In a way, I like the fact that we have a woefully out of date version of the plugin, it only helps reinforce the fact that co is, for TG, a glorified readyroom and far from the emphasis on the server.

This said, I would not object to upgrading it, I'm just saying it isn't important to me.

Also, regarding the devour bug, my personal experience is that it basically happens all the time in drawn out co games, since all drawn out co games have multiple onoses with maxxed out upgrades.
                  Cool! Personalized plates! Barclay, Barry, Bert, Bort...come on...Bort?

Comment

We could, of course, just disable Sense of Ancients. IMO the aliens have plenty of other helpful upgrades to get, and this is one of the weaker ones unless you're battlegorging.

For those of you who don't know, here is what Sense of Ancients does by lifeform:
                    Skulk: Parasite spreads to nearby marines
                    Gorge: Heal spray does more damage
                    Lerk: Spores do more damage and hurt heavies
                    Fade: Blink costs less energy
                    Onos: Additional players can be devoured simultaneously

Comment

Sense...of ancients?

You know, combat wouldn't be half bad, at least for practicing purposes, if it even moderately resembled actual NS after the first 3 minutes.

How about a plugin removing hive 3 abilities and 9 upgrade aliens. Now that's something I could get behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                        I don't care enough about extraupgrades to want them upgraded. I'll be happy to upgrade them if Poker asks me to.
                        I also don't care enough about combat. If you've free time and the inclination, Wyzcrak, go right ahead, but I won't be weeping if it doesn't happen.
                        [volun2]
                        NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                        Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                        <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                        <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X