No announcement yet.

Mic needs a boost

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mic needs a boost

My old headset recently died on me, and i bought a new one. The mic on my new headset is apparently too soft, and i have turned it up all the way in half-life, checked the gain boost box and turned it up all the way in my control panel. Anyone know of a good way to boost a mics signal beyond this?

P.S. I can hear myself loud and clear during the mic test in half-life but people still tell me its soft. Also the mic stem is ridgid so i can't move it closer to my mouth.

Re: Mic needs a boost

* Start > Run : sndvol32

* Options > Properties

* Recording

* Make sure Mic(rophone) is selected.

* Press OK.

* Make sure the Mic "Select" checkbox is selected.

Make sure it's the "Recording" Mic, and not the Playback Mic, of which you're changing the volume.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

While the halflife boost option is decent, most people need their operating system's settings to be boosted as well.

For XP

Control Panel
      Sound and Audio Devices
      Voice Tab
      Volume... (Button)
      You should now be in Recording Control
      Click on Advanced under Microphone
      Select Microphone Boost

I think usually for NS I'm pretty loud on the mic. This is probably due to the fact that I have boost overlapping. To compensate I have my microphone volume settings almost all the way down. Same for the game settings in halflife 2. Out of games however, for vent and teamspeak or skype and other voips you may happen to use, the initial system volume settings for the mic (at those low levels) with boost on seem to do the trick.

The advanced tab is greyed out. I have already been there and turned the recording volume up all the way.

Try using voice_loopback 1 while in game. If you can hear yourself good, then your getting bad advice from your peers.

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed