Skulk attack weirdness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skulk attack weirdness

Over the last several weeks/couple of months, I've developed an odd issue when playing NS. I'm no longer getting repeat attack animation as an alien when I hold down mouse1; instead, I get some kind of delay that makes it look like I'm only biting once (and I may very well be, but I'm assuming that repeats are occuring based on when I'm chewing an RT and seeing only 1 bite about every 3 seconds but the adrenaline drops in correlation with the intended repeat bites).

That probably is hard to grasp, but I can't describe it better for now. It wreaks absolute havoc when I'm attacking marines as a skulk, because the timing for the bite action is all off.

Anyone seen this, or know what can be tweaked to improve this? I've verified vsync is off (has been for a year) and my fps stays right at 100.

I appreciate any ideas you can offer.

Re: Skulk attack weirdness

ok, this has been my experience with the problem. My compy does the same thing ever since I turned V-sync off. I set my FPS to 100 cause more than that makes it hard to Bhop, but to do that the computer doesn't display some of the frames it could, and i think if it skips the frame that starts the bite animation then you don't see it, but it does actually happen. This occours with all attacks not jut bite. I sometimes kill people with a spit I couldn't see...ect.

Comment

100 FPS is the hard cap for the Half-Life engine...

Comment

fps_max 90 will fix the animation problem. Its the animations that aren't playing, you still attack at the same rate at 100 fps.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyEye
          fps_max 90 will fix the animation problem. Its the animations that aren't playing, you still attack at the same rate at 100 fps.
          Hey, good idea! I'll try that next time I'm in.

Comment

Just wanted to say thanks, LazyEye. That seems to have fixed the problem!

Now I have nothing to blame my suckness on.

Comment

Blame it on the rain.
              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Ack! Get thee behind me, Milli Vanilli!!!

Comment

Blame it on the blame it on the blame it on the blame it on the blame it on the
                  Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

"TONIGHT: On Behind The Music..."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse