Lots of great games today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of great games today

Great work everyone. I had alot of fun today.

Re: Lots of great games today

Don't forget about that hour long game on ns_lost, that was a riot.
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Agreed. Blood-rushing games all around.

Exemplary teamwork, tactics, and coordination.

Fortunately, such isn't too rare on TGNS, but tonight deserves special mention.

Game after game after great game.

Superb. Many thanks.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

i'm up for some more...anyone else feel like it aint over yet?

Comment

I very much enjoyed the Captains (PUG) that we had tonight, and I hope we can continue to do them regularly. (Not a regular, so I'm unsure if this is irregular)
          Username: Amagius, Farenyth
          AIM:RitaReplusa
          E-mail:[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Farenyth
            I very much enjoyed the Captains (PUG) that we had tonight, and I hope we can continue to do them regularly. (Not a regular, so I'm unsure if this is irregular)
            We almost always have captains on saturday nights after lazyeye does the hltv session (we watch competitive\TG games on the hltv server for education, then start up captains games).

We do them during the week once and a while like today. Usually if the servers full of regs and SMs somebody will start one up by calling captain and somebody else says they'll be a captain. Works best when an admin is present who can set captains mode.
            Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
            Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by aeroripper
              We almost always have captains on saturday nights after lazyeye does the hltv session (we watch competitive\TG games on the hltv server for education, then start up captains games).

We do them during the week once and a while like today. Usually if the servers full of regs and SMs somebody will start one up by calling captain and somebody else says they'll be a captain. Works best when an admin is present who can set captains mode.
              To wit: Tempadmins can turn on captains mode, as well.
              [volun2]
              NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
              Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
              <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
              <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

I had a lot of fun after most of the regulars left. I was able to talk people into playing some of the 1.04 maps. We had a great time. ns_bast2 was fun, very fun, almost tempted to ask the admins to add it to the votemap and remove our current one.

We should do a captain nights game of several 1.04 maps, they were nice to play, and would be fun to play. I think i might go an make a few labeled minimaps for them right now, have some free time.

A question how does one open the minimap files to edit? Google got me a viewer, but that does not help edit them.
                Last edited by Eternaly_Lost; 06-15-2006, 06:05 AM.
                Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

I concur, awesome awesome games.

This is the sole reason I love NS, and these games are making me crave more.

That one game with a relocate to near xenofarm was awesome... Don't remember the map name. The com's name started with a T? Turbsomething? I dunno? My opinion is that he made a couple mistakes, but it was still such an awesome game and he kept his head throughout the whole thing and didn't slow down. So much better than i could do, so I probably have no place criticizing.
                  remi.D

Comment

Successful shotty cat rush was AWESOME.

They seemed to be empty, and the moment we showed up they all suddenly appear. Everyone is shooting the hive, and the hive is almost dead.

The aliens manage to kill all of us, but I'm hiding under the bridge and I reload and fire another couple shots into it and that wonderfully comforting (depending on your point of view) end game binging starts. They kill me, but the marines get the last laugh as they all perish! :D

So much fun.

Worked so pretty.
                    remi.D

Comment

I won't say what's the most satisfying experience in NS, but watching your teammate (or yourself... whatever) defy the odds with that last bit of effort no one thought was there, only to acquire the abandoned goal that everyone, including your team, had decided your team wasn't going to get, despite trying so hard, is certainly one of them.
                      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by blu.knight
                        I concur, awesome awesome games.

This is the sole reason I love NS, and these games are making me crave more.

That one game with a relocate to near xenofarm was awesome... Don't remember the map name. The com's name started with a T? Turbsomething? I dunno? My opinion is that he made a couple mistakes, but it was still such an awesome game and he kept his head throughout the whole thing and didn't slow down. So much better than i could do, so I probably have no place criticizing.
                        hehe, it was fun indeed, as well as other games.

PS. speaking for myself, criticism is welcomed after game has been completed, for most of the time that I command :P, help me improve.

Comment

You know, really the only thing I think that could have been done different to change the outcome would have been if we had set up a phase in furnace. We had easy access to the other two hives, but that one was far away and we knew they would be going there next. Not getting an advanced armory the entire game, while strange, seemed to work for QUITE a while due to good aim and shotguns. A phasegate in marine start also could have been useful so that you could beacon and we could all phase to our base.

If we had got enough res a heavytrain would have dominated with the amount of teamwork we were using and coordination.

I think if we had got some mines or some sort of base defense earlier than we would probably could have won. They got a slight headstart which we basically recovered from when they killed almost all of us of off, and that probably could have been prevented if we had just got a couple packs of mines the moment the armory was up.

Good times though. I'm looking at the everything you did right too. No big hesitation, you kept giving orders better than I could have, kept trying to execute plans, kept sending people to get res despite the havoc of rushes. Most commanders forget about their rts during that time period, but you managed to keep getting them up.

I once was actually good at commanding, but as anyone who was in the games I commed can tell you, I sucked. I need more practice for sure. :P
                          remi.D

Comment

I have a comment. Turb, you tend to refer to your marines as "gentlemen" a lot. Now, as I am sure you are well aware, we are about as far from gentlemen as is possible. Perhaps a more appropriate term would be "slack-jawed yokels".

Other than that, great comming lately.
                            Cool! Personalized plates! Barclay, Barry, Bert, Bort...come on...Bort?

Comment

I have alot of choice words for bunch of no good marines under my command, but somehow I don't think they would go over well on the server.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X