• omg lag!

I know I wasn't the only one.
    It was really bad.
    Attached Files
    --
    CaveDog
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else... we're all stocked up here."

Re: omg lag!

i concur, although i attributed my pisspoor performance to the fact that i'm not used to my home setup... but i did notice a spot of lag now and then. probably from the voice codec ;p

Comment

http://forums.tacticalgamer.com/show...0940#post70940

I'm not sure what significance this holds to your problems, but other TG regulars are complaining about lag with other TG services tonight as well.

Wyzcrak
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

huh? they are low pings. Or are you concerned about the loss?
        Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

It shouldnt be the new codec, because the new one uses 50% less bandwidth than the old.

But it is still a possibility.

There was a couple of big viruses released this past week so that could also have something to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Emanon
            It shouldnt be the new codec, because the new one uses 50% less bandwidth than the old.

But it is still a possibility.

There was a couple of big viruses released this past week so that could also have something to do with it.
            i tried this voice codec on a CS server, and a 56k'ers ping shot up wildly. Mine rose a little bit, as well as other people. It may just very well be the voice codec.

Comment

We tracked down the problem that caused the issues last night. It was actually a problem with the AC system that caused the room to heat up beyond any sort of reliable operating temperature. We have corrected the problem and everything should be back to normal now!
              Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Thanks for sharing the info, Apo.

Wyzcrak
                Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                  Thanks for sharing the info, Apo.

Wyzcrak
                  No problem. We just completed installation of our power and climate control management system, or at least the foundation of it. If the temperature in the NOC rises above an acceptable limit, we will get notified immediately.
                  Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X