Microphone Stand

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microphone Stand

My microphone consists of a mikes hard lemonade bottle (which I really don't know why is in my room because I don't like it at all. It would make more sense if it was a labatt blue), and a microphone with the wire stuck into it to point it towards where I sit and angle it slightly up.

Does anyone else have any interesting setups, or is it just me?

I have had many other 'interesting' setups... Like when I ducttaped it to my headphones to make a 'headset', or other various objects I used to make it work...

But yeah, am I the only one who has no legitamate mic stand?
    remi.D

Re: Microphone Stand

Originally posted by blu.knight
    My microphone consists of a mikes hard lemonade bottle (which I really don't know why is in my room because I don't like it at all. It would make more sense if it was a labatt blue), and a microphone with the wire stuck into it to point it towards where I sit and angle it slightly up.

Does anyone else have any interesting setups, or is it just me?

I have had many other 'interesting' setups... Like when I ducttaped it to my headphones to make a 'headset', or other various objects I used to make it work...

But yeah, am I the only one who has no legitamate mic stand?
    That's a pretty cool mic, wish I would have thought of that when I broke my old mic.

I have half a popsickle stick holding the right side of my headphones together. I love these little 5.1 babies.
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

My headphones are a whole nother story. The cord for it was like 50 feet too long, so I cut it and tried to shorten it... I didn't know that there was real thin insulation on the wires though, and as a result I couldn't get it to work... This was also at a time when I didn't know how to solder... I actually still have the headphones but I've lost the plug for it. I need to attach a new one now. I tried recently but the connection wasn't done very well and it was quite staticy... I've been just workin with my speakers. Doing pretty well with that, but I haven't regained the ability to hear skulk footsteps behind me, spin around, and blast the skulk in the face quite yet. :P
      remi.D

Comment

I dont' use a mic I just yell loud enough for everybody to hear me.

Comment

Clever.
          remi.D

Comment

Here's one I made and used probably 4 or 5 years ago.

I know you want one.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

Haha, awesomeee. I'd have to say I never implemented the marker strat. I just taped the mic directly to the side of my headphone and hoped I was loud enough.
              remi.D

Comment

That's hot polska
                Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Wyz remembers mine....

2 pairs of plantronics.. On one, the headsets didnt work. On the other, the Mic didnt work. What did I do? Duct-tape does wonders. I wore one around my neck, to use it's mic. I used the other one for my hearing. I wore 2 headphones everytime I got onto my computer to play.. one for MIC and one for Hearing. It was great, haha...

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper
                    Wyz remembers mine....

2 pairs of plantronics.. On one, the headsets didnt work. On the other, the Mic didnt work. What did I do? Duct-tape does wonders. I wore one around my neck, to use it's mic. I used the other one for my hearing. I wore 2 headphones everytime I got onto my computer to play.. one for MIC and one for Hearing. It was great, haha...
                    Yeah my plantronic headphones broke too, but the mic works fine... The first time they broke I sent it in for a replacement, the headphones seem to break easily without much room for abuse. So now I use speakers and the headset around my neck too, although playing without headphones is a different experience... You can't hear anything.

Comment

My mic is on the floor being attacked by kittens. Ever since they learned they can pull it off my desk from the cord they have not left it alone.

It's just a cheap mic that came with a windows 95 computer I had years ago. It can be detached from the base, but the cord isn't long enough to do much with it.

Comment

I stole my room-mates headset after mine snapped in two.

Does that count as clever? :icon26:

Comment

Cell phone camera-ized.
                          A true beauty, eh?
                          remi.D

Comment

I have a mic headset that came with game commander (a voice recognition program for games, didn't work very well but it was fun for Mechwarrior 3) years ago resting around my neck, and a pair of noise cancelling headphones.

Never buy cyber acoustics, people could barely hear me and they broke after about....6 weeks. $10....you get what you pay for.

Comment

Sennheiser's are the best.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse