Just got done watching Alien

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got done watching Alien

I know the guys took a lot from Alien and Starcraft when designing NS, but it really hit me tonight when watching the Alien Legacy. They did a good job capturing the feel of the tight corridors and other elements (unexplained steam coming from pipes along the walls).

How much of the sound was ripped straight from Starcraft? I don't remember some of the marine taunts, but a few I did recognize.

Not really anything groundbreaking, but it would be cool to see an orange cat running through the hallways of some maps.

Re: Just got done watching Alien

Originally posted by TheFeniX
    How much of the sound was ripped straight from Starcraft? I don't remember some of the marine taunts, but a few I did recognize.
    None of it. They both use some sounds from the same commercial sound bank, which is relatively common in many games.

Comment

Im not sure which one it was in, but I liked the turrets!

Comment

yeah the skulk taunt is the same as the zerglings when you they are birst out of there shells. I will be installing SC when i get home tonight....

Comment

Originally posted by Psi_RedEye22
          At least the Marines don't eat spaghetti... >.<
          Where can I view/listen to this? Or do I buy a CD labeled "weird alien crap?"

Comment

in the cockpit of ns bast when you pressed the button, the computer screen would pop up and you would get the "crew expendable" message from the aliens movie, also i think one of the maps has a cat cage that meows.
            4 and 3 and 2 and 1 when im on the mic the suckas run.

Comment

Originally posted by Zek
              None of it. They both use some sounds from the same commercial sound bank, which is relatively common in many games.
              Quite.

And in fact, many of these have been replaced with original ones. I think there are only a couple of original library sounds remaining. Ask MadMaxx, he's NS's sound guy.

Comment

*hands Grendel the 2004 TG NS Forums Necromancer Award*
                Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                  No doubt. I opened this thread without realizing it was an NS thread. I thought it was a Sandbox or General Discussion topic...
                  Become a supporting member!
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!
                  Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                  TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak

I don't get it.
                    Steam Community: | |

Comment

Originally posted by kormendi
                      I don't get it.
                      Look at the dates of the posts before his... He resurrected this thread from the dead.
                      Become a supporting member!
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!
                      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I haven't been on the forum long and I must have clicked "Read Unread Posts" and for some reason this was on the list. One click and no thinking later, "ta da".

Comment

Alien Ressurection sucked.

Comment

Okay now we need the "TG murder the thread award" because this is getting stupid.
                            -Zephyr
                            You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
                            We are not a single game.
                            We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
                            We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma
                              Alien Ressurection sucked.
                              No alien 3 sucked. Ressurection was just not that great.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X