Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I seem to have missed it somewhere in the paperwork - but is there a fyi page regarding the sliding scale for points earned while playing on the server? If not - could someone explain?
    Do Scottish androids dream of electric sheep?

Sis - Boom - Bah - Sis - Boom - Bah - Sis - Boom - Bah

The sound of exploding sheep...

Re: points

Ayup.
    http://www.tacticalwiki.com/index.php/TGNS_Points
    [volun2]
    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

With great power comes great responsibility. These points have put thier lives in your hands. You have been trusted to manage them properly and to know when sacrifices must be made...

Comment

If you're in the start of a game on the server before it gets very full, you'll get more points at the end of that game than you will at the end of a game which begins when the server is already full. The idea is that players who help populate the server get additional points.

I'd like to see points used (spent) more. I've got to brainstorm to think of some stuff.
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I've read up on the Wiki's explainations of the points system, but there's something I'm not quite sure of. I currently have over 5,000 points and have registered in the forums; according to the Wiki, I should be able to kick a non-registered player (one with a "?") upon joining. Several times now, I've tried to join the server when it's full but to no avail. I scroll through the players list to see if everyone is a SM or something (the names I recognize) but I find it hard to believe that there hasn't been one "?" in game every time I've tried to join when it's full. Is there something I have to spend points on to "unlock" that feature of having the 5,000 points? Or is there a misunderstanding on my part?
          Adren[c9] ::

-Proxx (C9H13NO3)
          Proximity Technologies

Comment

Originally posted by C9H13NO3
            I've read up on the Wiki's explainations of the points system, but there's something I'm not quite sure of. I currently have over 5,000 points and have registered in the forums; according to the Wiki, I should be able to kick a non-registered player (one with a "?") upon joining. Several times now, I've tried to join the server when it's full but to no avail. I scroll through the players list to see if everyone is a SM or something (the names I recognize) but I find it hard to believe that there hasn't been one "?" in game every time I've tried to join when it's full. Is there something I have to spend points on to "unlock" that feature of having the 5,000 points? Or is there a misunderstanding on my part?
            http://www.tacticalgamer.com/natural...d-players.html

Let me know what questions you have (anyone has) after reading that.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Got it. Thanks, I'd been looking for a post just like that.
              Adren[c9] ::

-Proxx (C9H13NO3)
              Proximity Technologies

Comment

OK - so to clarify a few points.... I know it means a paying member, but what does SM stand for? A points man will bump a non-points man so long as there is more than three non-points men on the server... and this also applies to SM's bumping points men - yes? Is there any chance paying members might get an icon to designate them from the rest... I am trying to determine if there is enough of a chance to get on the server during the 8-midnight hours as a paying member to justify becoming one.

Oh yeah - The impression I initially got was that you needed X pts to use a server command, b/c you loose/spend thoes points to use that commands - but that way ppl talk about it, it is begining to sound as if it is just a prereq before you have acess to them... obviously I have never used any commands, and the FAQ is a little contradictory on this point.

I know I am tired - does any of this make sense... cause I'm lost! LOL
                Last edited by Bad Wolf; 06-28-2006, 02:16 PM.

Comment

'Jesus built my Onos' is in my TGNS SteamID database (for his SteamID), so he played here under that name, too, even if only for a moment.
                  One more thing: So this was my old nick, are my points stored under that name and my S-ID, or just my S-ID....meaning I am playing with them now... Do points fall off over time?

I will shut up now and leave you guys alone.... :D so little questions, so much time....

Comment

SM means Supporting Member.
                    Originally posted by wyzcrak
                    I can say one thing simply, though: when the server is full, SMs can bump anyone who isn't an SM, and the number at the end of the hostname tells the registered non-SM with 5000+ points wanting to join the full server (which, for the sake of this post only, I'll arbitrarily refer to as a "Point Man") how many players are bumpable by him.
                    As previously directed, I'll reiterate the link: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/natural...d-players.html
                    [volun2]
                    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Wolf
                      One more thing: So this was my old nick, are my points stored under that name and my S-ID, or just my S-ID....meaning I am playing with them now... Do points fall off over time?

I will shut up now and leave you guys alone.... :D so little questions, so much time....
                      Saved under steam id, and they don't go away, barring data corruption issues or the like.
                      [volun2]

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Some correction and clarification:
                          A points man will bump a non-points man so long as there is more than three non-points men on the server...
                          Incorrect. A points man will bump an unregistered player so long as there are fewer than three points men already on the FULL server. As many among our registered non-SM players have 5000 points, having fewer than three points men already on the server WHILE THE SERVER IS FULL is not the most common occurance (it does happen).
                          this also applies to SM's bumping points men - yes?
                          The only time an SM can't join the full server is when it's full of entirely SMs (rare, sadly). Anyone successfully joining the full server will cause the server to bump any players meeting these descriptions, in order of bump preference: unregistered players with bad rates (exclamation point on the scoreboard), unregistered players with good rates (question mark on the scoreboard), and finally, if none of the other two are available, registered players. Again, SMs are never bumped, even if the server's full. Admins can't even join (but then again we can, 'cause we can smite from afar :)).
                          Is there any chance paying members might get an icon to designate them from the rest... I am trying to determine if there is enough of a chance to get on the server during the 8-midnight hours as a paying member to justify becoming one.
                          SMs are designated on the scoreboard by the white TG icon. You're guaranteed the ability to join the full server, anytime, as an SM (again, unless we fill it exclusively with SMs).
                          Oh yeah - The impression I initially got was that you needed X pts to use a server command
                          Some commands cost points. Some take points only as a prerequisite.

Comment

perfect
                            thank you, wyzcrak, for the time spent answering my questions.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X