new: alien flashlight plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new: alien flashlight plugin

Stock NS 3.1.3 requires that an alien enable his "flashlight" every time he spawns. TGNS will now remember the state of your alien "flashlight" per game once you execute the following console command (which I'm guessing can go in a cfg file somewhere):

setinfo "rf" "1"

To disable this behavior, execute this similar command in the console:

setinfo "rf" ""

This plugin changes nothing about the player's experience unless he executes that console command, which isn't advertised on the server.

Do report bugs.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: new: alien flashlight plugin

Sounds nifty [sarcasm]but what about the balance issue of marines now not hearing the alien's flashlight going on?[/sarcasm]

Comment

I don't think this is possible, but is there a way to change the color of alien flashlight through a plugin? I'd be a lot better if it were red or another color so it wouldn't blend in so well with the white lights in some levels.
      Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
      Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Pirate
        Sounds nifty [sarcasm]but what about the balance issue of marines now not hearing the alien's flashlight going on?[/sarcasm]
        Not that I'm actually concerned about the balance in this...

...but I was under the impression that the alien flashlight sound isn't audible to anyone but the user? I know the marine flashlight sound is broadcast, like the marine medcalls and such, but I didn't think the same was true for aliens.

Comment

No, the alien flashlight can't be heard by marines anyway. Funny, then, that the alien can't hear it with silence. Or have they fixed that bug?

Comment

Thank you for this utilitarian plug-in. It's one of those things that I've heard people talk about forever but never expected to be executed. I hail to the might that is programmer. *grovels meekly*

Comment

Question... could you make it so I can have this activated only when I'm an alien? When I'm a marine I don't want my flashlight to stay on when I die, it doesn't make sense. For hivesight though it makes plenty of sense.
              remi.D

Comment

Originally posted by Kerostasis
                Not that I'm actually concerned about the balance in this...

...but I was under the impression that the alien flashlight sound isn't audible to anyone but the user? I know the marine flashlight sound is broadcast, like the marine medcalls and such, but I didn't think the same was true for aliens.
                Note the sarcasm.

Comment

Originally posted by blu.knight
                  I can have this activated only when I'm an alien?
                  This is the original design of the plugin. It affects nothing when you're a marine.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I don't understand exactly what this plugin does, can you please explain it to me?

Comment

With stock NS, your alien "flashlight" is off every time you spawn, regardless of whether or not it was on or off when you died.

This plugin executes "impulse 100" on any client which is spawning and meets the following conditions:

1) is alien
                      2) had his alien "flashlight" enabled when he died
                      3) has executed the following console command: setinfo "rf" "1"

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                        This is the original design of the plugin. It affects nothing when you're a marine.
                        Oh woops! Sounds good. :P
                        remi.D

Comment

Oh ok gotcha, I wasn't even aware that spawning in turns off your hivesight or flashlight as an alien, I never use it anyway lol.

Is there a practical advantage to activating hive sight? I haven't really discovered one, then again I never really took the time to look.

Comment

Really depends on your preference, but I've gotten so use to it I can barely see marines without it anymore. For me it helps me see more clearly at long distances and when a marine is hiding in the dark\behind an RT etc...
                            Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                            Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by FireWater
                              Oh ok gotcha, I wasn't even aware that spawning in turns off your hivesight or flashlight as an alien, I never use it anyway lol.

Is there a practical advantage to activating hive sight? I haven't really discovered one, then again I never really took the time to look.
                              Most often, when I use it, I have to use it to find movement chambers hidden in a corner somewhere.
                              [volun2]
                              NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                              Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                              <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                              <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X