balance command

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• balance command

Most of the regulars have probably played enough games by now to have themselves sorted by the new balance command. However, I've seen far more (and appropriate) complaining about how teams are stacked and never change from game to game. I'd like to see the old SM-Regular-? balance command returned, or at least offered as an alternative.

Re: balance command

Earlier today when the balance command was used, it reported that the average number of games for which statistics had been gathered on the balanced players was around 30. Seeing as the balance command isn't useful until it hits 100, I'd say it's still too early to tell.
    Cool! Personalized plates! Barclay, Barry, Bert, Bort...come on...Bort?

Comment

Think about it this way, the plugin learns more from unbalanced games than balanced ones. Give it a month or so :)

Comment

One thing that does need to be fixed is the problem of the plugin putting the extra player on aliens. Since the person who winds up switching is unlikely to be the last person added, this can seriously alter the balance, and can lead to fairly unfortunate games when the top player winds up switching.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon
          One thing that does need to be fixed is the problem of the plugin putting the extra player on aliens.
          Good call. I just wrote code to fix that. If it fails us, I'll get it right soon.
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by zibalatz
            Earlier today when the balance command was used, it reported that the average number of games for which statistics had been gathered on the balanced players was around 30. Seeing as the balance command isn't useful until it hits 100, I'd say it's still too early to tell.
            1. If this is true, could we get the old balance command back while this one gathers data?
            2. I thought it kicks in at 10 but tracks up to 100 games?

Comment

Read towards the end of this thread yoshi:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/natural...ssible-10.html
              Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
              Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

So recently I've been having the problem of balance kicking about half the people on the server, and I've heard other people having similar problems. Is this a bug, or a feature? (The perfectly balanced game is 0 on 0 after all).

Comment

If it's a bug, why doesn't it happen every time the command is used?

That's what I need to know, as Step 1 of correcting a bug (which I'd be pleased to do) is being able to reproduce it (and, given my time constraints, reliably and on demand).
                  Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Either way wyz, keep up the good work! These commands are pretty handy to have around.
                    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak

That's what I need to know, as Step 1 of correcting a bug (which I'd be pleased to do) is being able to reproduce it (and, given my time constraints, reliably and on demand).
                      Thats a tricky question to answer. I see it happen sometimes, but not other times, and couldn't offer an explanation why.

When it happens TO me, sometimes there's no warning, just suddenly I'm staring at the server browser window again. Othertimes, you get the "reliable channel overflow" error box.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerostasis
                        Thats a tricky question to answer. I see it happen sometimes, but not other times, and couldn't offer an explanation why.

When it happens TO me, sometimes there's no warning, just suddenly I'm staring at the server browser window again. Othertimes, you get the "reliable channel overflow" error box.
                        When it happens (and the error box doesn't appear) check the console... There will be an error there.
                        remi.D

Comment

Yeah, I'll make sure to do that next time. But it hasn't hit me in awhile, although I saw it kick several other people tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak

I don't know if you are aware, but on larger servers like the 26+ player servers, the various random plugin(s) that random everyone in the readyroom has a tendency to kick the majority of players because there is a problem of assigning players to teams too fast. Now as far as I know, this problem doesn't happen all the time but with the more players there are, the more apt it seems to happen.

And for the errors I have seen when my client crashed, they did not seem to be to far different from the ones I see on the large servers with their various random plugins. Its think its an SVC_BAD error, which from what I experienced is just a general steam error with a random number(or at least I haven't noticed any repeating numbers). I will get the specific number next time it happens.

Comment

If people are spamming F1/F2 and you use a plugin that puts everyone on a team, it will very likely steam everyone. This is very common on servers with large numbers of people. Training users to not immediately use the command will help with this, not much wyz can do to fix it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X