SMs getting bumped.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMs getting bumped.

That's never supposed to happen ever, and it's happening, and it's due to a bug in my slot reservation code and I'm struggling to fix it, but I leave town tomorrow for, three days, without Internet access at all, and so it might, take me until early next week to figure it; out, but I've modified the code to document when it happens so that I, can review logs and troubleshoot based on incidents I didn't, witness myself. If you get bumped as an SM you'll need to, rejoin the server immediately.

Man that was fun. I've always wondered what it was like to suck at forming proper sentences.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: SMs getting bumped.

...What? I give you people my money and this is what happens? The lies! I was promised reserved slots, hassle free of being bumped by SMs! This is time I could be spending otherwise enjoying playing on the server in my mind while I'm at work! Now my dreams will be dashed to peices as I get frustrated by the constant disconnections in my elaborate fantasy! My life/unlife is ruined! *trails off into a quiet ramble while dissolving into the floor*

PS: Its easier, than it looks. (I overuse commas and parentheses all the time :()

Comment

It wasn't fun to try to read. :(
      remi.D

Comment

That was a long sentence.:icon_eek:
        Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
        Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

It's the semicolon that makes it art.

Comment

Holy overused commas batman

Comment

My eyes are bleeding. That is probably the worst (unedited) post wyz has written since I've been at TG.

Yes I realise I may be necroing this thread, but I need to catch up on a lot since I have some Internet access.
              USAR

Comment

I am glad I'm not the only one who was mystified.... btw, squeak, it's "realize". :D

"Who put the fun in dysfunctional? I." - Aesop Rock

"Cuz you can choose to say 'Good morning, God! =)' or 'Good God, morning! =(" - Blackalicious

Comment

I was never able to reproduce SMs getting bumped, and logs show that it hasn't happened since I created this post.... but...

I damn near rewrote the reserved slots plugin from scratch tonight, and I've just finished preliminary testing on TGNS. Everything looks good, but I didn't get to test it on the full server for very long, so please do report any problems you see here.

After this new build is up and running, it's going to be much easier for me to explain exactly how the logic works, as the code I've written this time is much easier to follow, which means it'll be easier for me to explain it to everyone else.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Wow. Joseph Conrad would be proud...
                    -Zephyr
                    You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
                    We are not a single game.
                    We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
                    We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                      I was never able to reproduce SMs getting bumped, and logs show that it hasn't happened since I created this post.... but...

I damn near rewrote the reserved slots plugin from scratch tonight, and I've just finished preliminary testing on TGNS. Everything looks good, but I didn't get to test it on the full server for very long, so please do report any problems you see here.

After this new build is up and running, it's going to be much easier for me to explain exactly how the logic works, as the code I've written this time is much easier to follow, which means it'll be easier for me to explain it to everyone else.
                      Internal comments? :p
                      [volun2]
                      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

I'll add comments to the code, just for my good friend Poker.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X