Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need help testing TGNS upgrade (passworded server)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help testing TGNS upgrade (passworded server)

I'm upgrading the AMXX install on TGNS tomorrow mid-day. AMXX is the administrative mod which drives damn near every customization you see (and don't see) on the server. Everything is working pretty smoothly these days, and we're several releases behind with AMXX, so I'm taking this time to bring us current, knowing that I can revert to the very complete backup I'll make before upgrading if we run into any problems I can't solve immediately.

While TGNS holds its own well enough with the current version, the version of AMXX I'll be installing tomorrow is expected to require considerably less resources of the box on which TGNS is hosted (no, it can't and won't host two NS servers), and the new AMXX version I'll be installing has new features I hope to use in future plugin development.

If you're idle tomorrow mid-day, please think of me and FIND ME, as I would VERY MUCH appreciate you hanging out on IM/IRC or (preferably) Teamspeak, joining TGNS when I tell you to and helping me test that our status quo has been maintained despite the upgrade. Gameplay will not occur during this time (one or two hours at the most, I suspect) beyond what we do for testing, and the server will have a password of "upgrade".

I'll bump this thread tomorrow when I begin. This upgrade is not trivial, and I'd appreciate you guys helping out by being around to help me test stuff (lots of stuff).
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: need help testing TGNS upgrade (passworded server)

Send me an IM tomorrow, and Ill help out if im around.
    Steam Community: | |

Comment

If anyone else would like an IM when I start, please say so here. I'll be happy to come lookin' for folks, but I don't want to bother anyone unless they ask for it.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Ill be idle in irc, as well as gtalk, aim, msn, yahoo, icq, xfire, uhhh did i miss any? :icon_eek:

Anyways, I'd love to help out.
        birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
          If anyone else would like an IM when I start, please say so here. I'll be happy to come lookin' for folks, but I don't want to bother anyone unless they ask for it.
          A notice would be great, and if I'm not doing anything else I'd love to help.
          SN: Sky 0452
          remi.D

Comment

Hey wyz, I'll probably be on the TS server in *gasp* the WoW channel... (hides head in shame), anyhoo, feel free to pull me away from the evil...

Comment

I'll be on the server presently, testing just about everything under the sun.

Comment

I am in, I guess i should be more active on the forums huh?

Comment

I can help if you like right now. Yeah I imed you, says your off. <--- uracist69

Comment

My internet's been being terrible today. :(
                    Cable connection is slow and my wireless router sent it's last packet. (Had to be replaced)
                    remi.D

Comment

Thank goodness this won't turn into another NSA with multiple servers running concurrently on one box. On a side note, is there a way to record HLTV demos without you're stats plugin being recorded also Wyzcrak?

Comment

Originally posted by Nebulous
                        is there a way to record HLTV demos without you're stats plugin being recorded also Wyzcrak?
                        Ugh. I have looked and looked and looked for a way to remove the HLTV stuff when a demo is viewed, but I can't do it. I don't want to just flat out disable it, because it's very useful (especially now that I've added RT counts) when you're watching a live game (and even some demos).

There was a time when I had two HLTV proxies connect to the server, one with the text and one without. I'll likely return to that in time, as I really would like the best of both worlds.

I just hate giving up on my hunt to figure out how to disable that text. I'd even be willing to screw with an HL install (delete a DLL responsible for the drawing of that text on the client, or something) if I thought that would do the trick.

Man I have searched and searched.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X