ns_lucid thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ns_lucid thoughts

What are everyone's thoughts on ns_lucid? I personally like the map, but reaction seems kind of mixed. What are all your thoughts about what is good\bad with it? I figured there should be a central thread for all discussion about this map we've been playing lately :).
    Last edited by aeroripper; 07-22-2006, 03:15 AM.
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Re: ns_lucid thoughts

What can I say? I'm a fan.

It has a feel I'm not used to. Curves. Cliffs.

The many ambush points are wonderful, and there are enough lengthy corridors to keep the skulks on their toes.

Good siege possibilities.

I'm sure the map's not finished being tweaked, but I'm a fan.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

i did not liked it, but i do now, it's funny for both sides

Comment

The general layout of the map is great. It has a unique look. There are plenty of ambush points for aliens, and plenty of long halways for marines. Vents are placed is perfect position, and ae easy to navigate.

However, I did not like the fact that the hive rooms are so congested. Especialy the middle hive (cant remember the name, sorry). I've seen 2 onos get stuck below the hive, and die due to the fact that they couldn't get out.

Final thoughts: Add it towards the begining of the rotation. It's a great map with tons of potential. MAKE people play this map, and it will become a favorite, im sure. (People dont like it because it's new, and they dont know how to get wherever they need to be)
        birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

Originally posted by komodor
          i did not liked it, but i do now, it's funny for both sides
          At first, I did not like it. I tried to one hive fade. And all the curves can get really annoying and lead to getting stuck a bunch as a fade.

Second time, I did well as a fade but had a second hive, going 80 kills to like 9 deaths I think.

Its an alright map, but its a little too bland, the entire map looks the same, one corridor looks not much different from the next.

It was fun and a good time.

Comment

I joined halfway through a game on Rines, and I didn't like it that much at all. Too tight, not enough big rooms. The hives are really cluttered and make it really hard to rush. Lots of unweldable vents, Tight curvy hallways. I basically think it is really suited to aliens, but that is my opinion from playing it for half a game, so the verdict is still out for me.

Comment

Horrible horrible map

Terribly marine sided hallways

vents are not safe for aliens because half of them are completely open to shooting

one hive is a 20 second walk from MS, a relocate to the center basicly means a win for marines

the design for hive areas have got to be the worst i have ever seen, especially trying to get out of them because most of the exits to hive rooms are an uphill hallway that leads into a bend perfect for marines to siege from

and jeflax <LUCID IS A STUPID MAP> is my new name, just so everyone knows how stupid it is

it is just a more unbalanced eon

Comment

Different areas of the map don't look different enough, the hallways are too tight in some places for the marines allowing a fade to simply own an entire marine team since they have to go one by one and can't shoot through each other. (It's absolutely terrible, it seems the map designer gave no thought to friendly fire.)

It's different, and I don't know if that's good or bad. It was amusing in one game, I was in like Nexus or something, and I looked across a long distance to see a skulk running up a wall (into a vent).. Then the skulk popped out of one near me, and tried to bite me then ran up another wall into another vent. It was funny and just looked odd. The nexus area is very amusing to fight skulks in, The curvy hallways are great for focus leap killing jetpackers, you can hide behind a curve right after leaping for a bite and then jump back when they're less ready. I killed three jetpackers in a row (they were together) and I was just a skulk with leap focus and celerity.

It's definitely an interesting map, and is somewhat fun, but my sense of direction gets thrown off by the curves sometimes and there are a good deal of flaws with the map.. I wouldn't like to regurally play it but every once in a while is amusing.
                remi.D

Comment

I'm with jeflax, the hallways are highly marine biased and the hive rooms are awful. It's unique, but that's about the best I can say about it.

Comment

i like the changes in elevation and the curves
                    i still think i need to play it a bit to get to know my way around better before i could comment on the balance.

Comment

I hadn't thought of the elevation. I like the way it rolls horizontally, but I guess it sorta does the same thing vertically. I like that.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Right now, the map just looks like a series of hallways connected to some rooms, there is like not atmosphere to the map, ya know? The hallways are too narrow to give the marines way too much of an advantage against lerks and fades.

I would like to see some rooms with multiple dimensions, for example like Reactor Room in NS_TANITH, has 2 different levels, several obstacles, and water.

I don't know who made it, but I recommend adding more dynamics into the map, and making the hallways a little more fade/lerk friendly. Hive rooms also leaves the aliens at a disadvantage.

I wouldn't have a problem with this but the marines have an easily defendable start. This map needs considerable work before I can recognize it as a decent map.

Comment

Yeah... I could go for a tad more alien deterrent in marine spawn, and atmosphere/roomdynamics never hurts.

Comment

I like the style, but some rooms should stand out from other ones...it really just seems like catacombs. I also agree that it is marine biased, BUT it offers great moments for alien ambushes...its forcing the aliens to use high level teamwork, instead of ramboing..which will take a lot for many to get used to.

Also, it looks like sens would probably overtake mcs as first chamber. Which is excellent.

Comment

I think I'm with FireWater on this one. This map is a brilliant start, but it needs MORE!

the hive's need tweaking. We found a seige spot between 2 of the hives that can be EASILY held by a few mines and 2-3 marines. Balance on this map is a HUGE issue.

I can very easily see a bit of work on this map turning it into somewhat of an orbital, where the map has brilliant spots for marines to hold, but penalizes them for lack of early map control.

All in all, this map as it stands i'd give it not much more hten a 5 / 10.
                              Potential wise, i think it's easily a 9.5/10
                              Ambriento for comm! Vote today!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...