Thanks!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks!

I just wanted to thank everyone that was patient with me tonight. I really enjoyed giving NS a second chance.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Re: Thanks!

It takes a while to get everything down, but its a lot of fun once you get in the swing of things. The one thing I wish NS had from the start was an interactive tutorial, as it is sorely needed. Although, no tutorial could cover the depth that NS has. Nothing is better than winning (or even losing, for that matter) a back and forth, epic game with a bunch of regulars in a captains game, or a normal one :).
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

A somewhat outdated, but still highly informative manual is available for your reading pleasure
      http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns/comm...asic/index.htm
      Steam Community: | |

Comment

Nice one kormendi.

Also I posted this a while back, this is an unofficial training map somebody made a year or two ago:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/natural...ht=ns_training

The voice acting is kind of cheesy, but its entertaining and informative to say the least. It might be handy if your looking for a basic overview of NS, in a laid back atmosphere.
        Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
        Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Nslearn.net is a good place to read articles, even though they are slightly outdated. This is the third time it has come back since I first created it, so I don't know how well it will be run, but I recommend registering on their forums and asking questions, I am sure that someone will be able to help.

Also if you see me in game don't be afraid to ask any questions.

Comment

I'm always glad to have new people in NS. :P (Especially if they are fast learners)
            Two points of advice: Building is probably the most you can do to help your team for a while so learn it well... And the minimap allows you to find out what's happening everywhere and everything. It's the most valuable resource ever. You should have your minimap out basically constantly when you're playing. (Most of us do.)
            remi.D

Comment

Originally posted by blu.knight
              You should have your minimap out basically constantly when you're playing. (Most of us do.)
              Is there a way to make it, well, mini? Mine covered the entire screen when I pulled it up. I'd like an actual minimap to be up in the corner like with every other FPS...
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

If you minimap covered the entire screen, then your resolution should be adjusted. Try 1024x768.

There are also transparent minimaps available from the wiki ( http://www.tacticalwiki.com/index.ph...ation#Minimaps )
                birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

The transparent ones are probably what you want. The map is really not mini. It does cover the whole screen, but it also lets you see what is going on all over the map.
                  remi.D

Comment

Originally posted by ImAWuss
                    If you minimap covered the entire screen, then your resolution should be adjusted. Try 1024x768.

There are also transparent minimaps available from the wiki ( http://www.tacticalwiki.com/index.ph...ation#Minimaps )
                    I'm running 1280x960

Maybe I should try the transparent ones...
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

The idea here is to use the map when you don't need to see what's on your screen, ie. whenever you're not actually fighting. Use it when you're building, when you're spawning, or anytime you find yourself not in danger of immediate attack. Another thing to learn about being a marine is that usually your first warning of attack will be heard, not seen, and the map doesn't interfere with this. As soon as you hear a nearby alien, put the map away and get your gun out. The more you learn the maps, the more you'll find yourself able to navigate them without actually watching where you're going.

Comment

You also learn the typical alien ambush spots and when it's important to keep your face out of the map.

Comment

Keep your head up, your gun close, and your map key handy.

I think the most important thing for a new ns player would be to listen. Team talk, aliens, everything in the game has a very specific sound. You can tell if a gorge has cele just by listning to his speed. Your comm tells you where to be and when. Lack of situational awareness will cost you your e-life. If not the game entirely
                          Ambriento for comm! Vote today!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X