Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

nsplayer.net interview with Puzl (changelog teaser)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nsplayer.net interview with Puzl (changelog teaser)

Enjoy: http://nsplayer.net/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=1120
    Steam Community: | |

Re: nsplayer.net interview with Puzl (changelog teaser)

Looks nice, although I really do hope are able to fix the using webs with flashlight on bug.

o Increased defense chamber healing effect:
    - Along with the usual 10 health a player gains when near a defense chamber, there is an additional 1% of the player's maximum health restored. The percentage does stack with multiple chambers.
    So instead of 10% it will be 11%, then 12% etc... healed with additional DCs? So does this make DCs heal at a faster rate when their within range of other DCs?
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by aeroripper
      So instead of 10% it will be 11%, then 12% etc... healed with additional DCs? So does this make DCs heal at a faster rate when their within range of other DCs?
      Nope... its a flat 10HP/DC then an extra 1%/DC

For a skulk you are looking at a 10.7 increase per DC per tick, but onos would be... 15?

Thats a fair boost, but nothing huge. I think the point is to make it a quicker heal for higher lifeforms.
      Steam Community: | |

Comment

I for one am looking forward to this release. But I do wonder what they might do in this case.

major goals for 3.2: Reduce MC first dependency
        Talk about a major goal, I think that it might be hard to do.

Why do we go mc first in most of our games?

Hive teleport- very much needed on our sever for most the game, and with ff, can go to any hive.
        Faster lifeforms- Most of the good lifeforms used the cele upgrade.

I am sure that there is more, but there are two of the majors. How to adress them...

Maybe we see these changes, MAYBE, It just a guess on my part what they might do.

Make it so that the mc speed boost is less importent.
        Reduce MC speed Boost by X .
        Raise All lifefourms speed by X.

Fix the need for mc teleport in high level games.
        Hive can teleport aliens to the next hive in line. so if you start at the first hive you go to the second. 1->2 2->3 3->1

Would allow mcs to be put off some, as if you are in a hive you can move to the next one.

Anyone else here have a guess what they might do?
        Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

I think if a different method of teleporting was introduced it would completely remove mc first and just go straight to sc first.

About webs though... It seems like if there is a 1.5 second time level 3 gorges are going to be extremely useless. You can put up web before hand, but unless the webbed time is upped, they will probably escape from it before they are killed.

It also seems like it would make it impossible to catch jetpackers. The jetpackers will try to fly into the soft webs to take them out... I guess I need to test it to really see, but that's what it seems like to me.
          remi.D

Comment

I think webs were intended to be a defencive weapon, and just happened to make a suprisingly good offensive one. You would not need 1.5 second downtime to stop the perma webbing, this suggests to me they want webs to stay in the hives or only make it to areas aliens have controlled for a good while, which also means uncontested areas. If marines are pushing an area they will clear the webs, and the webs will not go back up until the aliens have control again.

1.5 seconds is pretty fast, but I think this will have it's most profound impact in combat mode where marines really do pass by really often.

I want them to fix the random egg crushing when gesting near a wall or on uneven ground. It's rare enough, but it sucks so much when it happens.

I would also like to see an increase in DC range, even though I think its decent as is. I think an increased range and a more obvious way to tell what the range is (hud icon when being healed by a dc?) would encourage more DC use around the rest of the map and not just in hives.

Larger DC range might allow alien "sieging" of areas by providing support to an area from another room over makeing it a more effective offencive tool at the aliens disposal and also make hidden DCs more effective.

Comment

Nerfing of webs makes me very sad. I guess they figured that there was only room for one game-breaking third hive ability, and Xeno filled it.
              Last edited by Pokerface; 07-26-2006, 10:21 PM.
              [volun2]
              NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
              Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
              <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
              <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface
                Nerfing of webs makes me very sad. I guess they figured that there was only room for one game-breaking thrid hive ability, and Xeno filled it.
                It a co balance. A see a lot of co games that 1 gorge can stop a marine team by the use of webs.

That said, Webs are the biggest annoyance and complex thing to use. You must have 3 hives, witch means end game, they have odd restrictions in use, and they can stop jps cold. No other lifeform has a weapon that is anywere near effective vs jps.
                Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

Originally posted by Eternaly_Lost
                  It a co balance. A see a lot of co games that 1 gorge can stop a marine team by the use of webs.

That said, Webs are the biggest annoyance and complex thing to use. You must have 3 hives, witch means end game, they have odd restrictions in use, and they can stop jps cold. No other lifeform has a weapon that is anywere near effective vs jps.
                  There's no such thing as "CO balance".
                  [volun2]
                  NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                  Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                  <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                  <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

I like web as a defensive ability. I really think it's obnoxious and out of character as an offensive ability. Onos has stomp, not Gorge. I'm happy to hear it's being fixed.

Comment

It will be fun watching marines try to run in to webs before they harden.

Comment

It reminds me of aliens trying to hit mines before they deploy.
                        remi.D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X