East Coast Ns Party

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East Coast Ns Party

Aight so the old thread was a little off topic, but heres your chance to give us those wonderful ideas you have about having an NS party/shindig somewhere

so post if:

0) location? (so far we could do it in Northern Virginia for free, or in Richmond for not that much)
    1) your down to come
    2) what youd want at said gathering? within a reasonable budget
    3) would people be willing to pay like 5 bucks a said so that we could have an even more reasonable budget?

Re: East Coast Ns Party

I can bring a share of the liquid refreshment, as well as cook if there's a functional kitchen (hopefully everybody will like pasta, cuz that's easy to mass produce) If not, I'll also chip in on the pizza refreshments

Comment

word, yeah if we do it in Northern VA ( about 10-15 mins from dc) itd be at my place
      so thered be a functioncal kitchen

but if more than like 40 people want to come we might need to find a bigger venue

Comment

If you guys are willing to make a drive, I've offered it before. My community center in town here has a gymnasium we could rent. If you're all looking to have a LAN party, then it'd be ideal. If you're all looking for a place to sleep and get drunk and hang out with TG people, I've got an old house that's in good shape, but it's all nasty inside. If I could get some help, we could house atleast 20 people in it. We could move things around maybe fit 30.

I live in Selmer, TN. It's about 45 minutes from Jackson, TN, and about an hour and a half from Memphis. It's a small little town, and we live just on the outskirts, so we couldn't be entirely too loud, but good solemn party music is appreciated in my neighborhood. As long as we're not rattling the rafters, we're okay.

As far as entertainment goes in that old house, there's no electricity or water, so you'd all be in and out of my house if you wanted to pee, etc. But I've got a nice dog, and a bunch of room outside, plenty of room for a good bottlerocket war if anyone is up for it, and definately enough for a 40 man bon-fire. Up to you guys though.

The community center won't cost more than 200 bucks, if that. I've never rented it before, but it ought to be cheap nightly. Not sure over the course of a weekend, or whatever.

Definately got the quiet, if that's what we're looking for. The old house is just off the highway that goes thru town, so we can't be too... ugly... but we can definately have a good bon-fire/bbq and just chill for a while.

I guess it all just depends on what you guys are looking for....

Hit me back.

Btw, I won't be able to go anywhere for a TG party. That's why I'm offering this so openly. Due to my lack of a job, and money, I can't travel at all. Either way, if my recent ex-girlfriend were to drive by, I'd make her jaw drop :D

-Mom
        Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Comment

howr the internets at the community center?

Comment

I might be down, depending on timing. My summer is booked, and September is filling up quick.
            [volun2]
            NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
            Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
            <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
            <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

There isn't any internet at the community center. I meant for a TG LAN, as in me you and poker screaming across the room at each other as we chew the comm chair in combat, rather than screaming across the internet. This way, people could ACTUALLY punch me when I rush the comm chair.

Just a thought. Poker, I'm not full at all, so if you got a free weekend around, reserve it. We should have some time somewhere, that is if this thing gets off the ground.

-Mom
              Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Comment

I'd be down. Perhaps we should collect all the zipcodes of everyone interested, so we can make a map and try to locate it in the epicenter of our TG madness. I'd prefer Mom's place to VA personally.
                Rm 14:2 NIV
                One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables.

Comment

I'd prefer Virginia. :P
                  The odds of me making something happen there are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better than Tennessee.
                  [volun2]
                  NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                  Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                  <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                  <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Virginia works better for me and for about 3 or four other peeps too
                    but if it was in VA, did we want something by DC or by Richmond?
                    since those are the only two places that are really easily accesible from out of state
                    well maybe norfolk too but i dont know if we have any peeps down there

Comment

Err... points to his location

But I all I have is an apartment..still...I'm sure we could mash about a dozen people in here or so :D

Comment

oh sorry man
                        but yeah what we really need to know is where most people would be coming from
                        and what we would have to offer at each location

really have three major east coast regions:
                        South (NC, SC, GA, FL, etc)
                        Middle (VA, DE, MD)
                        and North (NJ, NY and above)

Please peeps tell us where you are if you are interested in coming?
                        let us know which Region and state you are from
                        and private message me or post here

this way well know where to start planning to hold it
                        cause we have a lot of people who want it in cetain places but we really need to see what sort of number of people were looking at and where they are situated

Comment

Well I am in the north, and might be able to come if it was in the north, can't travel much outside MA, due to my age.
                          Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

Virginia is closer to NY then TN, I would probably be able to make it in VA.

I can bring food. How about a list of food we need and we can split it up or something?

I also have a 16 port switch if we are LAN'ing it up. And at least 4 network cables.

Comment

Aight so far we have 8 people who have posted/messaged me including myself

North has 2, Eternally lost, microcosm
                              Middle has 4, Suzy D, Eclipse, Pokerface, Curlydave
                              South has 2, Yermom, Tempest

so if youre interested post or message me to let us know where you are

umm as far as stuff we need heres the list so far:

-Networking stuff
                              -maybe extra PCs
                              -Drinks: about 6 or 7 two liter bottles of soda (about $9)
                              -Snacks: spend about $12
                              -Alcohol (if your 21) Bring your own
                              -collapsable tables (for mass computing)
                              -pack an extra mouse (just in case)

k heres some sweet ideas:
                              -im thinking about having a printing place print out a few 3 by 4 foot maps of some of the favorites itd probably cost 30 or so a pop but theyd be sweet.
                              -Setting up a room full of crap pcs connected to Hltv for some sweet Party Vs Intraweb action so we could have a sweet room for relaxing and watching the slaughter
                              -Make some sweet stencil tshirts or get some inexspensive ones done somewhere

aight so peeps hit me with your locale

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X