This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disapointed...

Communication is understandably the best asset any team can have. If a team doesn't have good communication, a team isn't a team, and therefore defeats the entire purpose of calling themselves one.

So, now that we all understand that, then we all need to think about the game tonight and what happened. The night started off well, but slowly declined. Arguements about the word "rape", which offended some people, were brought to be. I'm not too much of a fan of the actual word itself, but it's an understanding across the FPS community what the word itself means. These arguements furthered on into latter games, and ruined communication yet again.

We played a captains game, and things got out of hand as well when it came to communication. People screaming, losing complete control over their mic button, all in good sport, but also all cause for confusion. Misunderstanding will ruin a game in a moments notice. Confusion will carry on to end that game shortly. I'm not posting for a flame war. In fact, I'd like to see no responses. Concider this post a rhetorical one. In fact, even if it is closed, I beg of the closer not to delete it, due to it's nature. I'm not flaming, or venting, I'm telling our TGNS community that we need to control our comms and our chatter. There was also a lot of random chatter involved in tonight's games. Talk of IRL things will further continue to ruin a game, maybe not for the people who are causing the chatter, but for those still wanting to play a game.

Remember our basic rule. If someone doesn't like it, it shouldn't be done. That goes directly to the above word that was used in game, which means that it shouldn't be said anymore. But, you guys need to concider that what you are talking about and what you are doing to your mic also affects other people and their gameplay experience.

We want TG to be the most mature GAMING environment we can muster. I capitolized gaming because that's what we're doing. There are programs such as Ventrillo and Teamspeak if you want to voice comm with friends about IRL stuff, or scream at blank walls when you are eatten by an onos.

I find myself making these mistakes every day. We all do. We all go on about our day, not always concidering our fellow player. I am simply asking you to start concidering the "us". The us that make the server what it is every night. Not just SM's, and not always just the non-?'s. We have REGULARS here who come back and who enjoy our server as much as every other person. Just because they don't contribute to TG's wallet, doesn't mean they don't deserve a say in the game, as well as their comfort in the game.

I for one am willing to go on the line and say that tonight's chatter and misdirected comments ruined my night. I was the one who said the above word, and I never concidered it to be a "rude word". I can't really find a way to say how it was offensive, but to everyone who I offened, I apologize. I have been playing FPS games with TG for over 3 years now. It's never been brought up before in any other FPS I've played with us, and it honestly suprised me when people made such a big deal out of it.

I will consent to not saying the word anymore, but I do believe that things of this matter have a definately different way to be handled. Especially when we have ?'s on the server who are just ACHING to find a reason to argue with our rules.

So, this is my cry to the TG community to think about your fellow player. Think about whose day you are affecting when you attack people, and think about the after-effects of your words, before you say them. I can understanding offense. I can understand uncomfort, but for tonight's offensive word to cause as much... redundancy as I saw... was just unacceptable.

-Mom
    Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Re: Disapointed...

Summarize your point for me in one line, please.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Censoring is not good.
      remi.D

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
        Summarize your point for me in one line, please.
        lol

Comment

Wyz, I think you will miss out on a lot from the post if it is summarized in one sentence. I do recommend, if you have not already, reading the post in its entirety.

If you need help, the overall theme of the post is regarding in game communication.

Comment

Irish hit the nail on the head. I don't think the entire community spends enough time thinking about what they've just read.

Please, before you jump to conclusions, read the post and if you don't understand it, re-read the post.

-Mom
            Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Comment

The irony of that post complaining about unacceptable redundancy is palpable. I got your point from about three of those many, many sentences. To keep my thoughts more brief:

Keres and I should have started removing a few people who insisted on defending the term "rape" after its offense was made clear. I'll not again allow what happened last night, and I suspect Keres won't either.

About general voicecomm spam: Everyone: use admin chat and/or forum PMs to tell admins about players who fail to meet your requests and/or expectations for moderated voicecomms silence. Us bitching about that problem ad nauseam won't change our server's culture with regard to voicecomm spam, but admins might, with enough help from the playerbase.
              Originally posted by Yer Mom
              I'd like to see no responses.
              Not quite "no," but close. I'll let Poker open the thread if he thinks further public discussion will help us.

P.S. I defy any of you to find a picture of Office Space's Jump to Conclusions mat online.
              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

That's the best I could do.
                [volun2]
                NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X