CO timelimit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CO timelimit

I have put a plugin on the server that changes the map every 15 minutes if the current map is a CO map. This happens no matter what is going on. About 30 seconds before the timelimit is up, all players are warned of the impending mapchange and informed about our CO timelimit policy.

To make this work, I had to enable tournament mode on CO maps. It doesn't really impact gameplay much, but it does require that both teams type "ready" to begin the round. This might be disorienting for players new to our server, but it seems to be a workable speedbump to me.

Feel free to post your thoughts here.

Wyzcrak
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: CO timelimit

I would like a warning a bit earlier like at 5min 2 min and 30 sec so I can atleast try to end the game. This will force players to push harder to finish the game.

Comment

is it possible to have this only happen if there are enough players for classic? Not much point in ending a combat match prematurely only to start another.
      Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

sry wyz, i shall vote against co timelimit.......mainly because i love co straight out ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Wintermute
          is it possible to have this only happen if there are enough players for classic? Not much point in ending a combat match prematurely only to start another.
          Yes, this is possible, but... typically, by the 15 min mark, the match is either just ended, just begun, or is mired in stalemate. By ending the match and changing maps, players get a fresh start on a new round and, hopefully, are less likely to leave out of frustration.

Agree? My head in the clouds? Please give feedback. :)

Wyzcrak

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Emanon
            I would like a warning a bit earlier like at 5min 2 min and 30 sec so I can atleast try to end the game. This will force players to push harder to finish the game.
            Agreed. I'll work on this.

Wyzcrak

Comment

I missed your request for the 30 second notification. That was already there. I have added notifications during the 07:xx and 02:xx minutes.

Wyzcrak

Comment

OOOO, can you have the server do that cool voice thingy?

Comment

OOOO, can you have the server do that cool voice thingy?
                  You mean that hideously annoying voice thingy? No. :)

Wyzcrak

Comment

This should be a welcome change, and lessen the headache of joining a co map late.
                    Rm 14:2 NIV
                    One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables.

Comment

I personally don't like the time limit. I've noticed that a good half the time, the 15 minutes are up before either side wins. Also, this leaves very little room for a player on either side to reach level 10. Joining a game late is not an issue imo. If you simply stick with the higher level people, they'll quickly kill a few people and you'll gain enough levels for a shotty/lerk/etc in no time. Yes, there are games that go on for very long, with neither side winning. but these are usually just ended with people using votemap in the console, or one side giving up.

Comment

wyz knows my feelings on this. i am all for a hard time limit. however i do feel that 15 minuets seems short. but i wount know unitill i try it. in regards to the level Ten thing. i have always thought that most co games should not allow you to reach lvl10. this way level 10 means something important.
                        "The electric Yellow's got me by the brain banana!"

Comment

The timelimit has been raised to 20 and the dependency on tournament mode has been removed. Teams will no longer have to type ready to start the match.

Wyzcrak

Comment

Timelimit gets my thumbs up. 20 minutes should be plenty to reach level 10 (and perhaps win). Once everyone reaches level 10 the game basically becomes a fragfest (part of the fun is actually leveling up I think) and usually after that point the game drags on and many times ends up in a stalemate.

I like combat games that are fairly quick, in the 15-20 minute range. The timelimit will also cut down on 1 team dominating the game for an extended period of time without ending it (which I have seen many times, so annoying. Especially in small 3v3 combat games).

Anyway, I don't think combat was meant to be a fragfest where everyone is level 10 and tries to be at the top of their team with the most kills. For once maybe people will play and try to get the objective rather then seeing who can kill the most. So quick and painless games are the way to go I think.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

The 20 minute time limit is a god send... now if you can put a plugin on the server that bans focus, I will be happy.

I agree with the statement that CO should be a practice round for when NS really starts. The problem is, by the time we get enough for an actual NS game, I am pretty much burned on NS in general.. That's why I'm starting to commander a lot more, I like the change. Instead of getting my ass kicked on field and being generally useless to my team, I can jump in the CC and be even more useless to my team..

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X