Client timed out while answering challenge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Client timed out while answering challenge

So I'm getting repeatedly kicked with this error message. At the moment, I last about ten seconds between kicks. Anyone know what's going on here?

Re: Client timed out while answering challenge

It would appear that there's a challenge your client isn't meeting....

.... like... I dunno... STAYING ON THE SERVER. lol

( let me hunt around and see what I can find )
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Ok, well...

A quick search of the internets tells us that any of the following might, and is in no way proven to, help:

this: backup and delete your clientregistry.blob file (in your Steam folder tree somewhere)
      orthis: logout of Steam and log back in
      orthis: restart your computer
      orthis: format and reinstall Windows (ok this one's mine, but it's worth a shot)

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Can you connect to any other servers?

I would try the relog into steam thing first, make sure you check the "dont remember my password" so you have to retype the pass, thats a real log in. Sometimes just restarting steam doesn't fix problems like these.

Comment

Well it's working again, so it was something temporary. Just another of those problems that will never be identified I guess. Thanks for the replies.

Comment

Steam decided that you were too hardcore to play for a while. Now that it's got its knickers untwisted, it let you back on. Just tone down the complete ownage on occasion to prevent future incidents. :)

Comment

I have been getting the same error message, on and off, on different servers. Others have gotten it too. Haven't found a definitive solution yet.

Comment

Glass the planet from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure.

Comment

Actually, I used to get this error too, sometimes. It just happens, no one really knows why. A lot of us are kicked and don't pay attention to messages, but this is very common. I think it's more Steam server sided than anything else. Client being your connect to steam, and your challenge being packets or something. That's just my guess, and the best understanding I have for the given problem.

To date, I've recorded this happening to me 19ish times. I might've missed a few, but for what I can count, over the years, 19 or so is how many times I've had it happen to me. It just... happens.

-Mom
                  Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Comment

I just got this same error just after I changed settings in my config (you see, my configs were deleted when I crashed one time ... well they were blanked .. and since my fps were very low .. so I changed my configs, and then connected and got this "Client timed out while answering challenge" as well!) Annoying but could it be related?
                    KT KaBo0M[SA] killerz.dns2go.com:27016

[Team Server Admins]

Has anyone seen [TG]WILDCHILD?? lol

Comment

It might be related, but since we never found a cause or solution the first time around, that won't really help you much anyway. If it doesn't fix itself after you update your config again, I'd try the "delete clientregistry.blob" solution. That's like the Panacea of STEAM cures -- its rumored to fix everything!

Comment

It is now December 2010 and this is still a problem EVERYTHING said before does not solve the problem, I reckon it is an ISP fault due to its firewalss and switching, if everyone has a problem, and it is still happening after deleteing this that and the other file, then the problem is more than likely elsewhere, either the ISP, or the Steam server or a combination of both...internet connection is basically crap unless you live on top of an isp and /or connected by fibre optic cable..all else from ISPs telephone companies about broadband are just downright lies. we suffer the bad service, they dont care in the slightest and are just after your money, and thats it..

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X