Weapons on the ground

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weapons on the ground

Someone mentioned this on the server yesterday. Is there a setting to disable the automated picking up of weapons on the ground? It's a bit annoying to switch to an empty shotgun when phasing through to a room full of skulks.

Re: Weapons on the ground

I asked and the answer was, "No." If there's a gun better than an LMG and you walk over it - you'll pick it up.
    Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

Its really bad when someone drops a welder and you are in the middle of shooting something...

Comment

All I can tell you is that the PTs have expressed this issue to the Dev team in the past, it may or may not be addressed in the next release.
        USAR

Comment

Simple, don't walk over anything while shooting. And besides, no one will drop a welder on you while you are shooting someone because they will be shooting at them too.

Phasegate issue: I never phased in on an empty shotgun. It always has 6+ bullets in it because usually when people phase in and die there shotgun is full.

And when you phase in and there 3 skulks on a PG your kind of screwed unless your team has nades.

If you have nades and its primed and you phase in on a shotty is the only thing you can't really avoid.

Try to work around your problems because they can easily be avoided.

Comment

Easily is not exactly true. In order to stay alive marines will try to dodge the skulks by MOVING. This means they are not looking at the ground. This means any shotguns or welders on the ground will be picked up as you walk over them. This is the problem, and what was being referred to by picking up a welder in the middle of shooting. Also, shotguns are often empty because that's often when someone dies, when they run out of shots.
            remi.D

Comment

Originally posted by micr0c0sm
              Its really bad when someone drops a welder and you are in the middle of shooting something...
              You don't automatically switch to welder (or mines, for that matter) if you pick one up.

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NS_Variables
                That might help, take a look.
                Ambriento for comm! Vote today!

Comment

Originally posted by Darkilla
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NS_Variables
                  That might help, take a look.
                  Thanks darkilla, I've been meaning to look up impulses for structures.

On the topic of weapons since it is happening automatically think about it this way, it will be easier to find and recover weapons! Also don't forget you can still switch to your pistol in a pinch. It's still an interruption but it beats reloading first.

Comment

Well, the way I see it is we shouldn't have to switch to our pistols. It should be coded in the game to not switch to a better weapon automatically, but it's the HL engine, I suppose. I know in most HL games when you pick up a shotgun and you have a pistol, you switch to the shotgun automatically. I figure it was coded to work to your advantage, because if you're fighting an alien with a pistol, and you pick up a shotgun, you've got more of a chance of surviving. I think that we should try and find a way to stop it from happening in NS though.

Yesterday, we played lost 7 on 7ish. We had a good Alpha seige going, and the comm was good about beaconing when we needed to. We had already died in there about 3 times, fourth beacon comes around, we all go in and die instantly because we all pick up the same empty HMG's. It was a total bust, but we all just tossed it away because there was nothing we could do about it.

It definately changes the balance of the game in certain situations. I figure we would have went on to win that fight if all those empty weapons weren't on, or near, the PG. But that's just my assumption. As the game always goes, one second you can be winning, and the next, you could be losing. That's just reality, but I don't think things like this should be a factor in the game when it comes to a split second opprotunity.

-Mom
                    Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Comment

Perhaps if you send the two first marines with sg or hmg, they will guard/save the phase until the others take the dropped weapons and reload.

Comment

It's part of the game.

Comment

I agree it should be a setting, and thought for a second it was, but checked and found out it wasn't. I personally press g having it set to throw down that wepon. Although often times I'll pick it back up again right away. By the same token this also happens to me when the commander drops a gun for someone else and I pick it up on accident. Also when someone dies and drops a shotgun, but some one runs by and picks up the ammo but not the shotgun, leaving you to pick up a shotgun with no ammo.

-Sirusblk

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X