footage proxies on the server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• footage proxies on the server

Forgive me for adding these to the server without explanation.

As you guys know, we've had an HLTV proxy for some time that records the voicecomm of both teams. I want to start making compilations of great teamplay moments, likely for distribution of some kind, and so I wanted HLTV demo footage of every game with the voicecomm of choice without being forced to hear the voicecomm of both teams in the demo.

And so the two new proxies were added. They don't do anything to avoid the scrambled voices bug. They have nothing to do with that.

Also, I've failed to get them to do what I've just described. I just don't think it's possible to capture an HLTV demo of a match with the voicecomm of only one team. It's an all-or-none gig, it seems.

For my fellow AMXX nerds, I've tried set_speak (which gives our old proxy both teams' voices) and set_client_listen (which is reportedly broken). If you've got other ideas, this thread is a fitting enough place to share them, I guess. You think I can somehow literally force the proxies onto their respective teams without affecting gameplay?

So, the two new proxies will likely last another week, at which point they'll likely disappear. The proxies are not writing demos to disk, as I've yet to get from them the voicecomms which justify their existence.

On another note, we've experienced some universal ping spikes lately on the server. I don't know yet how common they are, but I don't have any substantive reason to suspect these new proxies as the cause.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: footage proxies on the server

You need volunteers that can fraps a lot.

Or - if you just want voice, windows recorder or something. Problem is it'll take game sounds with it.
    Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

I recall that we had a bot on the alien team once, that never spawned, and never counted as a person, and i was told that it was recording the alien team. Could we use something like that?
      Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

Do the footage servers count as players for votemap? Or should it take 11 people to change the map for 16 people?

That just seems a bit "high" to me.

AFAIK votemap is an server variable that uses a percentage, not exactly sure what you guys have it set for though.

Comment

I wouldn't have thought so, but I guess they do, as, if I recall, votemapratio is set to .6 on the server, and .6 times 19 is 11, which is the count of votes it demanded last night with 19 slots full (16 humans).

The more proxies you have on the server, the more the required majority percentage varies due to variation in population. If a server is 100% humans, .5 is 50% is 50% is 50%. With 3 proxies, .6 is ~70% when the server's full (16 humans), ~75% when the server's half full (8 humans), and ~100% (all humans have to vote the same) when the server's only got 4 humans on it.

So, in a nutshell, votemap gets harder and harder to predict the more and more proxies a server has.

Even a single Supporting Member on the server solves this problem, as temp admins can change the map (don't do it during a game) with a single console command.

votemap is a luxury, and it doesn't affect gameplay, and my learning that the only people suffering from its broken state are folks (I like) who don't help pay the bills places its resolution remarkably lower on my ToDo list, which regularly has important stuff being added to it.
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Well, as far as votemap goes, maybe we should change the votemap in general. I play on the IAM servers when TGNS is empty, and they have a votemap that pops up on your screen and shows you the number of votes for different maps. I've brought this up before, and the only problem I saw to it was that it stayed on your screen after a map change occasionally.

As I stated before, there is a very more simple way of dealing with votemap and it's problems. I know the given timelimit on every map is 15 minutes. Normally, a map doesn't see two rounds, but definately CAN. I also see that if we have an SM on when a map does see two rounds, the map is normally changed during the ready room session between rounds. If an SM isn't present, 9 out of 15 people normally try to get a successful votemap to change the map between rounds.

I think the solution to the votemap/mapchange problem lies within the timelimit. If we come to a decision that a map should NOT see two rounds, then we could change the timelimit from 15 to 5 or 10. The only reason I would see us changing the timelimit to 10 is so that a map COULD have two rounds if it was drastically stacked and a single team dominated the entire round, causing the round to last 4 minutes.

As far as I can see, the biggest problem that people have with trying to votemap something is when our server has 4 or 5 people on it, and say 3 of those people leave, the votemap is still going to be at 5 votes for a change. If we were to change the timelimit to 5 minutes, then the most wait anyone would have between maps is 4 minutes, given that a team/x#of players leave.

I think I said all that right.

As far as the voice comm situation goes, I have no personal experience with proxies, but I would concider one of the above posts. I know that it is definately possible to have a bot on a team that doesn't spawn. This may be a proxy, but they are normally named as bots when I see them.

The only solution I can provide to the voice recording problem is, if possible at all, to have the first player that joins the team's sound recorded. IE: YerMom is joining the server. YerMom has joined the Frontiersmen. *Start Recording YerMom's Sound* *Record to ns_bast fronteirsman 06/08/2006 10:52 AM*

I'm not really sure if that's possible, and even then you'd still have game sounds, unless there was a way to only record voice comm sound. I believe that voice comms overlap game sounds, while not drowning them out. Maybe it's on a different output line than general game sound, and maybe that's where your answer awaits.

-Mom
            Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X