Commander Hotkey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commander Hotkey

Alright, I know that the default key for setting a commander hotkey is control, and I'm guessing it has something to do with using duck, since thats the default for that. But I use my mouse3 key for duck and I use nothing for control. Which means I can't hotkey, I'll go back into the controls and set control as duck again but it still wont work, and I can't seem to find a binding or anything in the config file that sets a key for the commander hotkey action, I'm not sure if its an impulse or whatever. I've just grown used to not hotkeying anything.... but I miss it so.

Please make my soul complete, for I am lonely without my commander hotkey.

Anyone got an idea, or has figured this out before?

(and no, I dont want to re-install, and leave control as a hotkey, I'd have to leave duck as control and I dont want to, I've already done that.)

Re: Commander Hotkey

I had this problem for a while before realizing that it was not my ctrl that was the problem, it was the numbers. Make sure your 1-5 is still set to the defaults.

Comment

I use shift for ducking cause its easier on the hands when bhopping. I can still hotkey in the comchair if I use shift to set the hotkey.

Comment

maybe setup a commander.cfg and exec it when you press a certain button, and then exec marine.cfg when you get out of the chair....

Modal gaming ftw.

Comment

There's two separate issues here...

1. As Agamemnon pointed out, you've actually got 2 different binds to worry about. The help files tell you to press "ctrl + 1", but the actual bind has to be "duck + weaponslot1". So not only do you have to find where you put the duck command, you also have to find where you put the weaponslot 1 command. Likewise for weaponslots 2 through 5.

2. As a quirk of commander mode, some mouse commands don't work quite right while in the chair. You mention you put duck on your mouse, and its possible it might register better if you also bound duck to a keyboard command. (You can have 2 or more keys that bind to the same command.)

Comment

Well, I already have two seperate commander and marine config files, at first I set duck back to ctrl and it still doesn't work. I moved it from ctrl to shift, no deal. I've never messed with my weaponslots1, but I checked them, and they're good. So, not sure... =/

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X