How do they do it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do they do it?

How do aliens possibly win on servers without ff enabled? How can they possibly get a second hive up?

I really wonder what would happen if we disabled the aliens ability to attack the hive for a week or so, and then see how the strategies change, and how much more common 2 hive lockdowns are.
    remi.D

Re: How do they do it?

The same way anything happens on normal public servers. Pure luck.

Comment

Seems like a severe balance issue..
      remi.D

Comment

Even on TG, there are a number of games where the second hive attack simply doesn't occur. Whether it happens because the comm didn't notice the second hive get dropped or because marines can't live long enough to get there, this creates a game where aliens could get the second hive up without ff. Also, on a lot of pubs you wind up with a late hive, which means you have fades up well before the hive is dropped, which can prevent a second hive fight from occuring.

Comment

But if we were to take off the ability to have aliens hit the hive...
          The Com's on TG normall know what they're doing.
          I kind of get the feeling you wouldn't ever see the second hive go up, or you would see a lot more sensory first games just to give that advanced warning.
          remi.D

Comment

I think the aliens would have to scout that much more, and the speed of response would just need to be that much faster... Doing this for a week and then having some captains games would probably make for some madly interesting games...

And then if it's reenabled (after a week) maybe the aliens will have discovered newfound scouting and response skills. :P
            remi.D

Comment

I 2nd this idea to try ff off for a week, it could mix things up a nice bit.

Comment

I'm not neccessarily saying turn off ff, just turn off the ability for aliens to injur the hive. (I think this can be done...)
                remi.D

Comment

sure, i could see this as a great learning experience
                  problem is, people like TG because of the FF...
                  Ambriento for comm! Vote today!

Comment

I can't imagine we're going to disable FF. There's no setting to disable hive movement with FF enabled.
                    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I don't know if it's possible to make the hive invulnerable to ff attacks via a plugin. I know there's no setting already.

One weird thing I noticed when I was playing around with my plugins: Gorge spit actually obeys different rules than the other alien attacks. The rest of them can only attack team 1 (or team 2 if ff is enabled), but gorge spit can hurt team 0 objects as well. (If I remember correctly)

I definitely like ff, and definitely don't want it to be disabled.
                      remi.D

Comment

What are "team 0" objects?

Comment

I believe its what allows gorges to attack mines with spit (they can do that, right?).
                          Steam Community: | |

Comment

Yes, but most other alien attacks will as well. Parasite is unusual in not being able to detonate mines.

Comment

That's because there's no projectile with parasite. The skulk implants it with his BRAIN.
                              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X