Points in the server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Points in the server

It may just be me, but spending 100 points everytime I'm in the ready room doesn't exactly get rid of my points.

10000 for a tagline, 15000 for a sprite. I've already got my tagline, and I don't plan on changing it. 15000 for a sprite means I have to make a sprite or have one made, which I don't plan on doing soon.

So, I want to hear ideas of what else we can do with points. I'm sitting somewhere around 45000, with nothing to spend them on besides the occasional bot session.

I love the idea of getting points for balancing and what not, but it just seems like we don't have much to spend them on besides bots and extraupgrades.

-Mom
    Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Re: Points in the server

My pending design modifications of the pseudo slot reservation system may involve points being spent to join the full server.

May. May not.

Love the thread premise. Brainstorm, brainstorm, brainstorm.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

If we were to spend points for pseudo reserver, which should be addressed in that thread of course, it shouldn't be a number higher than 1000, I believe. Seems to me like that'd drain points more than use them, especially if we found other uses for pseudo-reserve. That's why I brought up the idea of being able to join with 10000 instead of 5000, so that you'd have to work a bit harder for it, and we'd never have to issue points being spent to join.

And yer 'sposed to post an idea, you bum.

-Mom
      Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Comment

Ok... an idea... non-SMs can purchase the right, per map, to join teams during the SM-only join time. The price would be significant, but sometimes you just really want to play a certain team.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Easy solution: donate your points to people who you like and need them. Ex: Me. I play all the time and the majority of the regulars know me, but i'm sitting at under 4000 points. Not saying donate to me, but you get the idea.

And i'm not alone in this boat. I'm sure there are plenty of other regulars who dont have massive point accumulations racked up. Other than that, i like wyz's idea.

Comment

Originally posted by CryForMe View Post
            Easy solution: donate your points to people who you like and need them. Ex: Me. I play all the time and the majority of the regulars know me, but i'm sitting at under 4000 points. Not saying donate to me, but you get the idea.

And i'm not alone in this boat. I'm sure there are plenty of other regulars who dont have massive point accumulations racked up. Other than that, i like wyz's idea.
            This exists.
            [volun2]
            NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
            Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
            <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
            <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface View Post
              He wasn't saying "add this command", he was saying "use this command, like I already do". Hence the comment about how few points he has, since presumably he's given away the rest.

Comment

While we're on the topic of points and rr jump... Could it please be changed so you can't buy it by hitting e? Or make it so you have to hit it like three times in quick succession?

I don't go into the secret rooms ever anymore because I don't want to buy the rr jump. (Less important now because I already saved up enough to get me a sprite and a tagline, but I still don't like accidentally buying things, wether I can afford it or not. I much prefer saving it to spend on bots to fill the server up more quickly)
                remi.D

Comment

I'm not in love with the current implementation. If someone gives me a design which isn't a pain in the ass to implement and which is easy to use, without creating other headaches, I'm game.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
                    I'm not in love with the current implementation. If someone gives me a design which isn't a pain in the ass to implement and which is easy to use, without creating other headaches, I'm game.
                    10k points (price negotiable and arbitrary) buy the rrjump ability, have a console toggle for it. I am not certain how hard that is to code on any scale, but I'm guessing that on a scale of 1 to 1 (1 being highest) it would be a 1.

In terms of spending points for things perhaps instead of just being able to give points you should be able to spend twice as many points to take away that many points from someone! Just think of the advantages! That fade on the other team is giving you a hard time but you know there are people eager to join the server and that fade only has 5001 points. (I hope people realize I'm not being serious)

Maybe an excruciating point cost to have SM reserved slot for 24 hours. Like 50k. Get people addicted to it so they want it for a whole year.

Comment

could you set up using points to buy lerk lift on CO maps.
                      it would be fun to try to bile bomb the comm chair down with a cel- lerk and adren gorge

Comment

Wyz, your idea is good, but I don't think early joining has enough "popularity" to be purchased for anything over 5000 or so.

Irish, the 24 hour idea is great, actually. I think it would heighten people's craving for reserved slots and definately get us more SM's in the end.

Dead, believe it or not, I'd LOVE to see Lerk Lift on. I love it. I'm not so keen on the whole gorge bile bomb runs, but picking up marines and dropping them from 40 feet in the air to their death is SO MUCH FUN. That said, combat DEFINATELY would be the only place we'd see this.

On that note, IAM's Marine Canteen server turns into w4cky fun d4y on Friday's. These maps and games are filled with rollthedice, lerk lift, and etc. Maybe we could implement a plugin that would enable these plugins on a map change by spending points. Of course, it'd have to be voted on by the entire server, but if the vote passed (Points spend 10000) Map Change - plugins enabled on a combat map that lasts 30-45 minutes.

Keep'm coming guys.

-Mom
                        Yer Mom /O>

Comment

How about limited access to amx_map? Votemap is impossible when there's only a few people on, and sometimes a few people get stuck on an ns map with 10 minutes left and 5 people playing.

Also, can't you do something similar to the alien flashlight plugin to rrjump, where you set some variable that determines whether or not you can purchase it?

Comment

That's technically possible.

Comment

As far as the rr_jump goes, I think we should design a bind that could be made to turn it on, and spend the points.

IE: ~bind [ "+rrjump"
                              [ [ [ [ "YerMom has spent 100 points to use rr_jump for this map"
                              then jump and press [ and you fly away.

Yoshi has a very good idea. amx_map access would solve all of our votemap problems, but it could also be abused. Maybe instead of having enough points to use this, we should set it up like: YerMom has 10000 points. YerMom has spent 1000 points to use amx_map for the duration of this map.

That way, these ?'s that come in on a daily basis can't change the maps for us, but they can still get points. Or do ?'s even get points anymore? Or better yet, give access to an amx_votemap where a player could purchase the ability to put up a vote of two or three maps and whichever one wins, it changes to.

-Mom
                              Yer Mom /O>

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X