Weekly Event: HLTV Session

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekly Event: HLTV Session

I've added our weekly HLTV Sessions to our Community Calendar.

Recurring Event: HLTV Session (Saturdays)

If you like, you can configure your calendar to send you an email reminder for this event each week.

All are welcome. If there's something I can include in the event description that would better assist those trying to join us, please do send me the recommendation privately.

I'll likely bump this thread each Wednesday, so that we don't have to create a new thread each week (a fine approach when we didn't have the calendar).
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: Weekly Event: HLTV Session

Seeing that we have announcement, about this in the Natual selection fourms, I would like to post a potental problem that the new comers may have. The demos we have made from the server requre all the downloads we have for that map to have been completed, namely you need to have played on our server, on that map before joining. If tgns was on the right map, A new comer would have to first connect to tgns then to our demo. And if they did have this, they still need to get the voice codex set up, and it requres connecting to tgns (normal a co at the time) then to hltv or doing it your self.

Could we fix it so that the hltv would send you the files needed for that map, and set everyone to the correct voice codex on connect?

EDIT: Can we also have something to tell us the time of HLTV?
    Last edited by Eternaly_Lost; 09-16-2006, 07:13 PM.
    Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

For not only HLTV sessions, but for those who run into the occasional issue of sprite files not downloading properly, it may be wise to provide a zip file of all the server's custom sprites for download.
      Steam Community: | |

Comment

Thanks paranoid. The list looks complete, at least vs what I have.
        Steam Community: | |

Comment

Speaking of hltvsessions... is there a way to get the demos from particularly good games? As in - I want to save some demos to my HDD, how would I go about that?
          Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

Originally posted by Stupid View Post
            Speaking of hltvsessions... is there a way to get the demos from particularly good games? As in - I want to save some demos to my HDD, how would I go about that?
            Send me or any admin a PM with the date\time\map and any other information you can provide.
            Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
            Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

h-a-w-double-t

thanks aero!

Comment

With LazyEye away this weekend, and me not traveling, I will drive this week's session. Same lerk time. Same lerk channel.

I'll be showing last night's ns_eclipse game: roughly 50 minutes, including multiples of every lifeform in the game, multiple fights for the disputed hive, a constant struggle to maintain map control, and a victorious team that could have easily lost with just a shred less teamwork and/or planning.

I played it. I've watched it. I don't know which was more fun. :)

Please join us.
                Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

ugh... as long as no one views my terrible, terrible fading

Comment

HLTV recommend: tonight, 9-10PM Central time, NS Tanith.

Hour long game, very close, comebacks from both sides. Excellent game.

Oh yes, and the team with fewer kills came out ahead, which is always a nice testament to teamwork.
                    Last edited by Kerostasis; 10-02-2006, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Another recommend is the Rampage game right after it - nearly 50 minutes long with strong alien push-backs on 2nd hive siege(s!).

Comment

Definately HLTV Recommended: ns_eclipse - Oct 7, game ended at 4:30pm

3rd hive going up, commander drops, team's morale drops hard. I take over comm and bring the teams morale back up. We end up wining the game.
                        birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

10\14 - 22:45 (54mb) - close to 40min

Great captains game on ns_caged tonight, it went back and forth with marines killing hives then the whole alien team crushing their nodes but they kept recapping. We had excellent teamwork on repelling a (3rd try to get it up) second hive assault that it seemed they were likely to get. We counted down till our onos could use stomp and had him stomp the team of heavies while I was bile bombing their sieges with the lerk providing umbra. Very nice coordination.

Summary:

Marines killed 2 of our second hives we were attempting to get up, but most of the team went to chew down all of their nodes immediately after and after long back and forths we came out on top and won. Multiple lifeform base rushes and lerk+onos+gorge coordination are highlights of this game.
                          Last edited by aeroripper; 10-15-2006, 02:55 AM.
                          Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                          Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

21:07 servertime (Oct25-2006)
                            game I posted about
                            50+ min game, shouldnt be hard to spot on filesize
                            I am a n00b. If I beat you, it must be a mistake.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X